Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
songs with hand clapping
Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

songs with hand clapping

today I was given the challenge of a themed compilation involving hand clapping and I'd like to call on my forum friends for suggestions. so far I've thought of the following:

Decepticon - Le Tigre
Boy with the Arab Strap - Belle & Sebastian
Genius of Love - Tom Tom Club
We Suck Young Blood (Your Time is Up) - Radiohead
A Litte Bit Me, A Little Bit You - Monkees
Dancing with Myself - Billy Idol

parameters do not necessarily require the sound of hand clapping specifically. feel free to throw out more abstract interpretations as well.

thanks, guys!

Mar 18, 2011, 00:26

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

moonduck
moonduck
312 posts

Re: songs with hand clapping

This falls into your abstract interpretation category, but the first song to pop in my mind is Cinnamon Girl by Neil Young. Obviously drums, but obviously imo meant to sound like clapping. (I'll embed the song after getting to a desktop.)

Mar 18, 2011, 01:25

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

"Where it's at" (Beck)
"Cecilia" (Simon & Garfunkel)
"Blister in the Sun" (Violent Femmes)
"No Fun" (Stooges)
"Hey Ya" (Outkast)
"Do You Remember Rock n' Roll Radio" (Ramones)
"Let's Go" (Ventures)

and "Daisy Click-Clack" may even work, though not sure if there are actual hand claps.

Mar 18, 2011, 01:38

corporalclegg
corporalclegg
501 posts

Claps the whole way through. First song that came to mind.

Mar 18, 2011, 01:53

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2134 posts

Mar 18, 2011, 02:33

corporalclegg
corporalclegg
501 posts

Edinburgh's finest!

Mar 18, 2011, 02:41

corporalclegg
corporalclegg
501 posts

Even better!!!

Mar 18, 2011, 02:53

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

daaaaang!

Mar 18, 2011, 03:18

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

This is the single greatest thing I have ever seen. They might as well shut down the internet now.

Mar 18, 2011, 03:34

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

As far as abstract interpretations go, both Luke Vibert and Bradford Cox have come up with a variation of the handclap that is similar and that I like a lot. 'More of a crunch.

Examples:

I don't know, maybe?

Mar 18, 2011, 03:38

Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index