Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
would banning about half of the people who post here be a good idea?
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2784 posts
Mar 26, 2011, 20:28

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5940 posts

Re: would banning about half of the people who post here be a good idea?

My suggestion to a bunch of people, is to continue to create interesting threads, and just skim past the nonsense. You do create fun threads sometimes Mu, I'm not referring to you. We've had plenty of spam-ishness, obsessive rambling, arrogant dissertations, abusive name calling, etc in the past, and I assume we always will. We also have lots of humor, thought provoking ideas, new music discoveries, and just silly fun nonsense.

Banning anyone doesn't help, they just would come back with a different user name. Duh. Deleting posts like some suggest, which would be a huge job for a moderator, wouldn't help. The only thing that helps is to ignore and not post anything in threads started by people that you don't want to encourage. Or not responding to their posts and engage them in conversation. Eventually many of them get bored and go away for a while.

This board, and over on the green screen only are fun when people spend the time and effort to post and create. Most people have better things to do, but hopefully we find the time to come back here and over there.

Mar 26, 2011, 21:03

MY RETURN
1963 posts

People who talk about banning or who they don't like sound defeated. It's a shame that a diverse band doesn't have fans that embrace diversity or going with the flow.

Mar 26, 2011, 21:08

Babylon01
Babylon01
183 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
My suggestion to a bunch of people, is to continue to create interesting threads, and just skim past the nonsense. You do create fun threads sometimes Mu, I'm not referring to you. We've had plenty of spam-ishness, obsessive rambling, arrogant dissertations, abusive name calling, etc in the past, and I assume we always will. We also have lots of humor, thought provoking ideas, new music discoveries, and just silly fun nonsense.

Banning anyone doesn't help, they just would come back with a different user name. Duh. Deleting posts like some suggest, which would be a huge job for a moderator, wouldn't help. The only thing that helps is to ignore and not post anything in threads started by people that you don't want to encourage. Or not responding to their posts and engage them in conversation. Eventually many of them get bored and go away for a while.

This board, and over on the green screen only are fun when people spend the time and effort to post and create. Most people have better things to do, but hopefully we find the time to come back here and over there.

Ooops -just had a rant on the other thread and have been shamed by reading this, which is a far more rational solution from someone far better qualified to judge what works best with stereolab.co.uk...you're obviously right, maybe I'm looking for something to get cross about.

Mar 26, 2011, 21:17

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5940 posts

Hey, some of us just escape over to the other board when it gets bad here, so I can relate to getting cross with it, I have plenty of times myself in the past...

Mar 26, 2011, 21:20

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

Mar 26, 2011, 21:55

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I agree with you; let's start with you!! Just Kidding! Pulled a BoTE!

Mar 26, 2011, 23:10

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

she hates me. wah!

Mar 26, 2011, 23:14

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5940 posts

No I don't slushy!

Mar 26, 2011, 23:58

78 sluss
78 sluss
687 posts

this forum is full of hardened people. i've know that for ages, never seen anything like it. if you play too tough, i might shit myself. but no one should be banned, unless someone like victim of band goes off on a mad one, or something.or my loose lips, and inevitable laundry.

Mar 27, 2011, 00:28

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index