Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
would banning about half of the people who post here be a good idea?
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

Re: would banning about half of the people who post here be a good idea?

MY RETURN wrote:
People who talk about banning or who they don't like sound defeated. It's a shame that a diverse band doesn't have fans that embrace diversity or going with the flow.

I'm not calling for you to be banned now. But you were banned before, and you sneaked back in. That's a fact. And you're banning had nothing to do with not embracing diversity or not going with the flow. No one is falling for that line of BS from you.

Mar 27, 2011, 01:20

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

JS
JS
489 posts

Cheeso wrote:

I'm not calling for you to be banned now. But you were banned before, and you sneaked back in. That's a fact. And you're banning had nothing to do with not embracing diversity or not going with the flow. No one is falling for that line of BS from you.

When Bote calls, Cheeso answers!

Mar 27, 2011, 02:07

78 sluss
78 sluss
687 posts

that song is interesting. it defiles right wing views. people who think they were 'born this way' and only deserve good things. no one else does. the production on the song is very good indeed. it hurts when you recieve a battering, tho. violence might breed rigidity, in someway. but thats just the way i think. dumb.

Mar 27, 2011, 02:25

78 sluss
78 sluss
687 posts

problem post.

Mar 27, 2011, 02:29

78 sluss
78 sluss
687 posts

its all about the people who get mugged and stabbed, they are evil. gangsta!

Mar 27, 2011, 02:30

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1224 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
My suggestion to a bunch of people, is to continue to create interesting threads, and just skim past the nonsense. You do create fun threads sometimes Mu, I'm not referring to you. We've had plenty of spam-ishness, obsessive rambling, arrogant dissertations, abusive name calling, etc in the past, and I assume we always will. We also have lots of humor, thought provoking ideas, new music discoveries, and just silly fun nonsense.

Banning anyone doesn't help, they just would come back with a different user name. Duh. Deleting posts like some suggest, which would be a huge job for a moderator, wouldn't help. The only thing that helps is to ignore and not post anything in threads started by people that you don't want to encourage. Or not responding to their posts and engage them in conversation. Eventually many of them get bored and go away for a while.

This board, and over on the green screen only are fun when people spend the time and effort to post and create. Most people have better things to do, but hopefully we find the time to come back here and over there.

Word. This is why you're our de-facto moderator. Bless ya!

Mar 27, 2011, 02:49

Babylon01
Babylon01
183 posts

Cyberpainter, what is the green screen -is it readily accessible? I remember the forum with the Sudden Stars loop, which had, erm, a screen that was green -is it a continuation of this?

Thanks

Mar 27, 2011, 12:21

Babylon01
Babylon01
183 posts

Babylon01 wrote:
Cyberpainter, what is the green screen -is it readily accessible? I remember the forum with the Sudden Stars loop, which had, erm, a screen that was green -is it a continuation of this?

Thanks

Right, I just had the brainwave of putting 'stereolab' and 'green screen' into google!

Mar 27, 2011, 12:38

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5940 posts

No, the earlier version of this forum was green, but that's a different forum that's also green. As I guess you've found...

Mar 27, 2011, 19:56

MY RETURN
1963 posts

JS wrote:
Cheeso wrote:

When Bote calls, Cheeso answers!

People love scapegoats. Cheese loves men.

Mar 27, 2011, 22:27

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index