Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
More CREATIVITY board.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

nsc283b
405 posts

Re: More CREATIVITY board.

What is the point of all this?

This thread has descended into a tit for tat argument with a fair amount of abuse. It wasn't that long ago that many of you were calling for a moderator, and with some of the comments here, I can see why.

We are all here mainly for one reason, because we all love Stereolab. So, why all this abuse? MY RETURN was expressing his views, as we all do. Whether we agree with those views is immaterial. What we do have to do is to respect them, as we would all wish our views to be respected. There should never be any need to revert to insults just because we don't agree with someones point of view.

It would be good if all those who have issued insults apologised, and once done, this thread was put to bed for good.

Apr 02, 2011, 00:20

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5913 posts

MY RETURN wrote:
I didn't criticize the board for posting about music. lol The name's MY RETURN. People leaving for ridiculous or unjust reasons don't matter either.

The point was to address those who complain. Everything some of us do isn't pulitzer. But, you can't deny the effort to contribute. Plenty of times I reply to the underrated threads to give everything a chance.

You wrote: "There's only so many times you can talk about obsecure bands. Sorry.

The last 4 pages are about music. Within that it's about banning. Really? Is that all that's going on out there?? lol"

I understand you were griping about the bickering. But mixed in there, it appears you were also griping about music posts? Ok, if not, it's just not clear what you were saying about music.

Apr 02, 2011, 01:19

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5913 posts

nsc283b wrote:
What is the point of all this?

This thread has descended into a tit for tat argument with a fair amount of abuse. It wasn't that long ago that many of you were calling for a moderator, and with some of the comments here, I can see why.

We are all here mainly for one reason, because we all love Stereolab. So, why all this abuse? MY RETURN was expressing his views, as we all do. Whether we agree with those views is immaterial. What we do have to do is to respect them, as we would all wish our views to be respected. There should never be any need to revert to insults just because we don't agree with someones point of view.

It would be good if all those who have issued insults apologised, and once done, this thread was put to bed for good.

Nice idea. Well then, I apologize for labeling a certain recent obsessive poster as mentally disturbed. Perhaps he does have problems, but it wasn't right of me to use that label.

Good luck getting those 3 to apologize, they've been at it for 5 or 6 years unabated. Cheeso turns up to use abusive language to bote, js appears immediately after to abuse cheeso, then it all begins again. Perhaps they'd be happy in a room together somewhere, a happy dysfunctional family. I do know that cheeso did agree once, long ago, not to feed the trolls, and to clean up his act on here. He agreed to a specific request from pikey. If I don't push this often enough, it probably is because whenever I do, js and bote immediately claim me as being on their "side", which sends a shiver down my spine. JS acts equally abusive, and bote is just bote. Oh excuse me, my return.

We all put up with the ebbs and flows on here if we want the freedom from restrictive moderation. Sometimes it gets really bad, other times it can be quite good with lots of fun posts. We all have a myriad of personalities.

Apr 02, 2011, 01:30

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

So choose one or the other or add another more expressive term? I guess. wow. enlightening mundane and bad are relative terms. I had an exciting day, but I'm not willing to share. okay I was a witness to somebody flipping a Lexus right into a Toyota dealership, and a gas main! And when I was walking with my neighbor I swear I saw Brady Cox. He told me he had been up for days and motioned to his lacrimal sinuses. I gave him a benadryl. he also said gobble gobble.

Apr 02, 2011, 04:12

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Then before that I saw a penis made of cement or mud or sod and painted gray or grey (it's gray for hair it's grey for cement penises or concrete) and I stepped on it and it crumbled then some guy made love to me.

Apr 02, 2011, 04:23

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

it was actually dried mud painted with bark. it was very artistic. whoops. oh well, he can make another give it to some other girl.

Apr 02, 2011, 04:26

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

shh shhh I forgot about '78 sluss. shh

Apr 02, 2011, 04:27

78 sluss
78 sluss
687 posts

what have i got to do with this? do you think you said anything that might have offended me? or maybe make me perform? ://

Apr 02, 2011, 05:53

hito
hito
1745 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
Good luck getting those 3 to apologize

You can talk

cyberpainter wrote:
Cheeso turns up to use abusive language

That you condone and rely on. Anyway, you use abusive langauge yourself so I don't see where you get off talking about other people swearing.

cyberpainter wrote:
pikey.

Yawn.

cyberpainter wrote:
immediately claim me as being on their "side"

Oh lordy me. Woe is you. Why I never. To think of it. Claiming you? How dare they? Surely they should know better than to be so presumptuous as to claim a person of your station and character. Why, you're friends with none other than Martin Pike...

Let's be frank. It is quite obvious who you side with and who is on your side

cyberpainter wrote:
We all put up with the ebbs and flows on here if we want the freedom from restrictive moderation.

This is ridiculous. To equate all moderation with restrictive moderation. I have read some of your insights lately into the obvious problem of this forum being swamped by inane ramblings and find your "Growing Pains" style advice a bit painful. It is clearly not difficult to delete posts. I know your regular dinner companion, Pikey is too busy but it would take me all of ten minutes to delete the sludge from the last couple of weeks. As I said before, GaryB 1 and 2 for moderator of this forum.

cyberpainter wrote:
We all have a myriad of personalities.

Do we all have a myriad of personalities? All of us? Many personalities? Did you ever see that episode of the Young Ones where Rik is wearing yellow overalls and talking about how crazy everybody is, as if it is so cool?

Apr 02, 2011, 14:18

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

hito wrote:
WAHHH! Include me, too! I still hold a grudge over you making a fool of me once long ago, I will never let you forget it!! wahhh!!!!!

Apr 02, 2011, 16:27

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index