Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Log In
-Register
More CREATIVITY board.
Log In to post a reply
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Re: More CREATIVITY board.

MY RETURN wrote:

My posts haven't changed. My politics have. I remember Bush threads got heated. Some people didn't like Sound-Dust at first.

I'm vocal. I rarely back down. So I can see how things steamroll.

Perhaps it's the board, ALL of us that changed. Mania dies down. Bans go more like "..asked to do this. I'm just trying whatever to calm the board" -email paraphrase. So sorry if that's someone's only argument.

I've always posted the same wherever I am. The "better" posts are the same posts just without the mania.

I'm serious one minute, out there the next. The point is is that I embrace being..whatever. Life's short. That's my original point.


The things people say to each other usually are better without mania. It can be very confusing and can ellicit a very different response than the one hoped for. But was it actually Mania/Manic Depression/Bipolar disorder back then?. If so you have my deepest sympathy and I really hope things are going better now. Maybe if this is the case it is better to let us know - I can't think of a safer and better place on the internet to let people/friends Know that one is having some kind of problem. We are all human and this community certainly includes people who have struggles with mental stability and many other issues in the past. Is there a reason your English is not so good? - it doesn't matter much to me I must say as long as I get the general drift it's usually ok. But it may help other be a little kinder if you could let us know a bit more about yourself if you could find it within your heart.

And I think some form of apology would also help some people on here get over the past and move on. There are a lot of people on here who we know a lot about and they are fantastic - painters, musicians, psychologists, historians, to name but a few... what is your career? you say you are in Communication but in what capacity - sometimes it helps to make someone human if we know a bit about them, especially their problems...

But I suppose it's understandable if you just want to carry on with this - there is nothing any of us can do about it...

Apr 02, 2011, 22:33


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: More CREATIVITY board.

Honestly, you just make it up as you go along. The last time you spoke to me you yelled "bullshit" so get over the idea that I have to dredge things up.

And please quit saying that I am rude to you. There is no evidence of any such thing. Pointing out your hypocrisy is not being rude or nasty.

The facts are:

You say the forum should not be moderated and we should all just hang loose about the crazy stylings of some members then on another occasion you implore me to leave you alone because I am tarnishing the image of Stereolab as this page is a first port of call. Either this forum is the public face of the group or it isn't. And given it is, I would say the objectivly rated garbage that has been posted over the last two weeks should be deleted.

You say people should just ignore anything that is offensive then you say Pikey (the name you drop more than gravity drops apples) should delete offensive stuff. You cannot have it both ways, different forum, different planet, whatever, the rule is the same. It is deductive logic.

Choose a position and be consistent.

As it is, in my first foray here I said that things should be moderated including the removal of my own posts. You mocked me for this position suggesting that abuse was in keeping with the nature of the forum. So get off your high horse and acknowledge that I have been consistent since the day dot with this. Of course I would have my posts deleted. Who could possibly care? If my posts that offended you were removed alongside the offensive attacks from you and your mates then sure, I would support that 100%. I dare you to acknowledge that your previous accusation now looks pretty foolish.

As for you and Rael, to simply stand idly by while someone attacks another is not innocent. Do a basic philosophy course on harming and not helping if you don't understand.

Anyway, now that I have shown your inability to deal with logic again, I am going to sign off. I really like a lot of things people like Dara said after your post so I am going to call it a day on this thread.

Check mate.

Apr 02, 2011, 23:23


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: More CREATIVITY board.

Your silly "checkmate", and "facts" are nothing of the kind. Your opinions are not facts. Though I'm sure they seem that way to you.

Apr 02, 2011, 23:53


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

flatironsteak
flatironsteak
341 posts

Re: More CREATIVITY board.

Dara wrote:


Now, 70% of that 75% (all percentages estimated to make a point) is posted by the following:

s_lush_s,

78sluss,

Eddie Chargeman,

Victim of Band

..and probably a few new ones which seem to be appearing every week.

The thing is, as most of the old stalwarts know full well, these are are THE SAME PERSON - namely s_lush_s. She happens to be one of the true fans on this board, has been posting here for years and has even on one occasion travelled from the US to see them in Brighton UK with no ticket!. She obviously has some serious psychological issues to deal with (has said so herself) and I think this is the cause of her sometimes unbearably sad posts.



Assume that you are right on this assumption, this mutli-personality spammer should really be ashamed of what he/she has been doing. I lost interest coming in when I see crazy nonsenses filling up the front, and I am sure I am not the only one feeling that way. I don't care if this person is mentally ill or not, shit some where else.

Apr 03, 2011, 00:55


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Re: More CREATIVITY board.

flatironsteak wrote:
Assume that you are right on this assumption, this mutli-personality spammer should really be ashamed of what he/she has been doing. I lost interest coming in when I see crazy nonsenses filling up the front, and I am sure I am not the only one feeling that way. I don't care if this person is mentally ill or not, shit some where else.


I hear ya, I also said enough is enough - but it's not as simple as that to fix the situation. Just saying stfu is not enough, you ban them - they just come back with another name - the whole process takes five minutes. I was trying to engage S_lush_s in dialogue to try and gently and clearly say that she (and her multiple personalities) are ruining the forum for everyone. I think she is a lost soul but a reasonable person at heart and if we speak honestl and kindly to her, I am sure she will see that her streams of consciousness would be better channelled into other things - like a private blog or basket making or something... helping her to go towards the light if you like.

Apr 03, 2011, 01:09


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

flatironsteak
flatironsteak
341 posts

Re: More CREATIVITY board.

I agree. I just don't know how much I can help.

To me certain posters starting threads about how annoying trolling is also just another kind of trolling. It is just as hopeless as trying to ban someone.

I witnessed the 'shit jesus' thing and that very long thread in the green forum ( good that I wasn't part of the conversation then) among the other fights and arguments on here. I certainly understand why someones are always chasing after certain people here. But a lot of these dialogues are very childish and shameless ( I am sure they dont' care about how I or other members think of them as they continuously acting like little kids)
That's a big turn off too.

Apr 03, 2011, 02:43


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

Bravo, Dara

Dara wrote:
Is there a reason your English is not so good?

... you say you are in Communication but in what capacity?



I applaud you for at least trying to make sense of that gobbledygook.

Surely you were having a laugh with that last question, right? The answer should be obvious.

Apr 03, 2011, 02:44


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

k.
k.
407 posts

Re: More CREATIVITY board.

Dara wrote:
wracket wrote:
[quote="Dara"] So yes, we should all be forgiving in nature and action. But we can at least expect to be asked for our forgiveness...regardless of speculation of strokes and learning disabilities.


agreed.



Yes, especially since the person in question went WELL beyond the boundaries of what is acceptable in a forum, let alone society, going so far as to contact and besmirch other users to their employers! If that's not worth a ban, I really don't know what is.

Forgiveness, yeah sure, but he hasn't earned any trust or respect, personally speaking. Dude never owned up to what he did and backdoored his punishment.

Apr 03, 2011, 02:45


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

k.
k.
407 posts

Re: More CREATIVITY board.

I mean, that's sociopathic fuckery right there.

Apr 03, 2011, 02:49


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

Re: More CREATIVITY board.

Dara wrote:

Well then there must be some reason his English is not very good.


Yes, he's dumber than a rock!!!

Apr 03, 2011, 02:49

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index