Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Log In
-Register
More CREATIVITY board.
Log In to post a reply
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Re: More CREATIVITY board.

k. wrote:
Yes, especially since the person in question went WELL beyond the boundaries of what is acceptable in a forum, let alone society, going so far as to contact and besmirch other users to their employers! If that's not worth a ban, I really don't know what is.

Forgiveness, yeah sure, but he hasn't earned any trust or respect, personally speaking. Dude never owned up to what he did and backdoored his punishment.


Actually I did not remember that he did that. That is precisely why I said other members may be able to help with the facts of what he did. Slandering members to their employers frankly is UNFORGIVABLE and quite scary - even terrifying for the victim. If it was done once, then there can unfortunately be no certainty that it will not happen again - especially for the victim.

The UK government is considering strengthening the anti-stalking laws to include cyber stalking at the moment - it is a hot debate in the House of Commons this very week:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12894414

If it were to be made illegal, then there would be a legal restraint on a person using the internet - let alone a particular forum. This I think is an effective remedy to our little problem. I any case it is worth noting that what happened here is not cyber stalking, it is just good old fashioned stalking - and certainly in the UK, that has been illegal for some years - as has slander and libel. The base judgement criteria of course being that the details of the slander/libel must be based on a lie to secure conviction.

All in all a very messy business, and so far from what the raison d'Ítre of this little forum. I think if I were Laetitia and Martin and co - I would take a view on this if it doesn't stop and say 'enough is enough'. There comes a point where it is actually quite damaging to the image of the memory of what the groop have achieved over the years, especially now with the sweet and gentle music Laetitia is making. Although in s_lush_s's case, I am all but certain she would not want to persecute her because she has a psychological illness.

It's sad that one or two individuals can have such a negative effect, but that is also the effect terrorism has in the world we inhabit now. If we give in to them (or our inner terrorist) we have lost and the best we can achieve is scorched earth and unfortunately, it appears we are losing the fight. It is clear that right from the 'beginning' BOTE's aim was to bring this forum down - I think I know the reason too, but that is perhaps for a book when it is all over....

Apr 03, 2011, 08:58


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: More CREATIVITY board.

I think we should step back a bit. The board is no different than it's been since it was re-established. Ups and downs, annoyances and good posts. Runs of obsessiveness, drama, lulls where nothing much has been going on. And for a few years some new people have brought some interesting music/other perspectives. As for bote, there hasn't been any signs of him threatening or stalking anyone for many years now. I'm far from defending any of his past behavior or possibly illegal acts. But I don't agree with this melodramatic talk of ending the board because of a few people. That already happened, then we were given another shot at making it work. We've existed with all the people on here for years. I'm for keeping the board as it is. That's not to say communication and reaching out, etc isn't a good thing. Some good sentiments in dara's posts.

Apr 03, 2011, 09:45


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Re: More CREATIVITY board.

cyberpainter wrote:
I think we should step back a bit. The board is no different than it's been since it was re-established. Ups and downs, annoyances and good posts. Runs of obsessiveness, drama, lulls where nothing much has been going on. And for a few years some new people have brought some interesting music/other perspectives. As for bote, there hasn't been any signs of him threatening or stalking anyone for many years now. I'm far from defending any of his past behavior or possibly illegal acts. But I don't agree with this melodramatic talk of ending the board because of a few people. That already happened, then we were given another shot at making it work. We've existed with all the people on here for years. I'm for keeping the board as it is. That's not to say communication and reaching out, etc isn't a good thing. Some good sentiments in dara's posts.


I wholeheartedly agree CP. but I was thinking from the Groop's perspective - not ours. I think we should give reaching out to people a shot - we have nothing to lose do we?.

Incidentally, in a worst case scenario where the forum is ended by the Groop and deleted - all of our hours, days, weeks of work, creativity and friendship would be lost forever - rendering all of this an utterly pointless exercise. To avoid this may I suggest that a few of us get together as a team and archive all of the posts on this pink version of the forum for posterity. It would be a huge task and too big for one person to make it searchable as an SQL database (for eg), but I think it would be worthwhile...

Apr 03, 2011, 10:03


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

JS
JS
489 posts

Re: More CREATIVITY board.

Dara wrote:
Maybe if he (My Return) opened up a bit about who he is and what he feels about all this - that may help.


No way, things will get much worse. Everything he would say about himself WILL be used against him by the one real troll of this forum: Cheeso/Squirrel/Rael. This could potentially lead to an escalation of abuse similar to what caused the closing of this forum a few years ago.


Lets not forget how things really happened back then: The forum closed not because of Bote alone. Bote was the spark, but Cheeso and a few others were the fuel that burned everything down. Bote would have been harmless all by himself, but Cheeso and his pals were harassing him non-stop, which led to an escalation of abusive stuff on both sides.

Let's not forget also that in all this mayhem, I was almost the only one telling the others to please stop feeding the troll, that an obvious disaster was coming, but Cheeso and co. didn't cared, thus, the forum went down.

This explains why I am a little bit disgruntled about the bunch of hypocrites here. They fail to see the obvious:

Bote is not the problem here (not anymore anyway), Cheeso is! Open your eyes, idiots: Bote's threads get problematic only after Cheeso/Squirrel/Rael get involved.

Apr 03, 2011, 15:10


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

MY RETURN
1963 posts

Re: More CREATIVITY board.

Dara wrote:
...was it actually Mania/Manic Depression/Bipolar disorder back then..And I think some form of apology would also help some people on here get over the past and move on..


FAIL. Get over yourself and a pointless apology. Your need to hear sorry shows insecurity and need for validation.

I'll NEVER APOLOGIZE for handling jerks like you. The End

Apr 04, 2011, 18:13


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

MY RETURN
1963 posts

Re: More CREATIVITY board.

JS wrote:
This explains why I am a little bit disgruntled about the bunch of hypocrites here.



One of the most amusing things through all this was Cheeso brushing off errors when that's been his/her basis to be an ass.

Apr 04, 2011, 18:16


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: More CREATIVITY board.

MY RETURN wrote:
Dara wrote:
...was it actually Mania/Manic Depression/Bipolar disorder back then..And I think some form of apology would also help some people on here get over the past and move on..


FAIL. Get over yourself and a pointless apology. Your need to hear sorry shows insecurity and need for validation.

I'll NEVER APOLOGIZE for handling jerks like you. The End


Was it "handling" to go off board and call someone's employer?

Apr 04, 2011, 18:36


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

Re: More CREATIVITY board.

MY RETURN wrote:
JS wrote:
This explains why I am a little bit disgruntled about the bunch of hypocrites here.



One of the most amusing things through all this was Cheeso brushing off errors when that's been his/her basis to be an ass.

If your only problem was making simple typos, this forum would be a much better place...

Apr 04, 2011, 19:07


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Re: More CREATIVITY board.

MY RETURN wrote:
One of the most amusing things through all this was Cheeso brushing off errors when that's been his/her basis to be an ass.


Go away bote. You're only here for attention. Meet a girl.

Apr 04, 2011, 20:40


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

Re: More CREATIVITY board.

nsc283b wrote:
Where has all the music gone?


I drove my ford to the gorge and the gorge was dry.

Apr 04, 2011, 21:29

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index