Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
More CREATIVITY board.
82 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

MY RETURN
1963 posts

Re: More CREATIVITY board.

Dara wrote:
In order to try and make some kind of positive suggestions instead of speaking broadly in general terms I have thought about these issues in the last couple of weeks while casually glancing at the general melee here:

The BOTE/MY Return/Cheeso/SquirellMnutter thing:

Ok what BOTE did all those years ago was terrible and upset a lot of people - including me. But there are many instances in society of terrible deeds being forgiven and the perpetrators reintegrated into society to make a positive contribution. That is the basis of the western prison system. For example Patrick McGee - aka the Brighton Bomber. Notwithstanding your political views on what he did - he is now an emissary for peace and understanding - conduction lecture tours of the UK and Ireland and the US to build bridges and promote understanding. Things change. People change.

BOTE is not going to go away. Even if banned, all he has to do is sign in under a new name. Maybe if he opened up a bit about who he is and what he feels about all this - that may help. Then perhaps we can accept his presence here a little more easily.As far as I can see, he has mellowed and although he does post some pretty inane stuff, some of it is interesting and it has to be said - he has started a thread in the past week which has 32 posts to date - that's more than i have ever had in the 13 or so years I have been posting here.

I don't know - all I'm saying is that this quote from Stevie Hawking on Pink Floyd's the Division Bell seems to ring true - "It doesn't have to be like this, All we need to do is make sure we keep talking"

S_lush_S:

Lets talk. Without any personal details involved of course. Maybe it would be better for all of us if we talked more openly about what it is to be s_lush_s and Eddie Chargeman and 78 sluss et al - maybe we can all support her and make things more positive instead of this dark climate of antipathy and prejudice. We all used to. There were times when some of us were very worried for her and that seemed to me to be the kind of atmosphere I wanted to continue to be part of.

Or maybe at the end of the day - it is time for a hiatus with the forum too. I hope not, I love it here - and I like and respect all of you in a multitude of different ways, and even though I may not agree with everything you say - but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

My posts haven't changed. My politics have. I remember Bush threads got heated. Some people didn't like Sound-Dust at first.

I'm vocal. I rarely back down. So I can see how things steamroll.

Perhaps it's the board, ALL of us that changed. Mania dies down. Bans go more like "..asked to do this. I'm just trying whatever to calm the board" -email paraphrase. So sorry if that's someone's only argument.

I've always posted the same wherever I am. The "better" posts are the same posts just without the mania.

I'm serious one minute, out there the next. The point is is that I embrace being..whatever. Life's short. That's my original point.

Apr 02, 2011, 22:16

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: