Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
your music spectrum
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Re: your music spectrum

There's only two kinds of music, good music, and bad music. I like the good kind.

Apr 06, 2011, 14:55

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

hito wrote:
What is the sound gallery?

nice!

Apr 06, 2011, 17:26

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

Musical Palate

A meal of champagne and lobster is perfect, but so is a fried oyster po' boy washed down with about a gallon of southern style sweet tea. I love some complex dishes that are very difficult to prepare, and others with only a few ingredients that you can whip up in minutes. Can't get enough of foods that are good for me (I'm gonna be round my vegetables, I'm gonna chow down my vegetables...), yet can't say no to a big ol' spool of boardwalk cotton candy. Full Dickensian Christmas spread with all of the trimmings? Hell yes! Big bowl of Cap'n Crunch and a tall glass of Tang? Why not! Whole bag of sugary sweet Jolly Ranchers before my dentist can stop me? Check. And I can even be up for a little experimentation, like chili peppers and black cherries in my dark chocolate candy bar, or sweet cinnamon in the Cincinnati chili on my chili dog. Just no fried grasshoppers or live beetles please. I can't pretend to like them.
And never, not ever, NEVER anything from a mainstream place like Outback Steak House or Olive Garden or Red Lobster. Too over-seasoned, over-cooked, one-dimensional, and made for the masses.
After all, I'm a very selective man of good taste.

Apr 07, 2011, 04:39

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

Re: Musical Palate

c in dc wrote:
A meal of champagne and lobster is perfect, but so is a fried oyster po' boy washed down with about a gallon of southern style sweet tea. I love some complex dishes that are very difficult to prepare, and others with only a few ingredients that you can whip up in minutes. Can't get enough of foods that are good for me (I'm gonna be round my vegetables, I'm gonna chow down my vegetables...), yet can't say no to a big ol' spool of boardwalk cotton candy. Full Dickensian Christmas spread with all of the trimmings? Hell yes! Big bowl of Cap'n Crunch and a tall glass of Tang? Why not! Whole bag of sugary sweet Jolly Ranchers before my dentist can stop me? Check. And I can even be up for a little experimentation, like chili peppers and black cherries in my dark chocolate candy bar, or sweet cinnamon in the Cincinnati chili on my chili dog. Just no fried grasshoppers or live beetles please. I can't pretend to like them.
And never, not ever, NEVER anything from a mainstream place like Outback Steak House or Olive Garden or Red Lobster. Too over-seasoned, over-cooked, one-dimensional, and made for the masses.
After all, I'm a very selective man of good taste.

Heh. Thanks. Yeah, mainstream is pretty bland rather when u need some lather. The mom & pops always have those secret recipes that makem' so special...same with music, man! The main POPulace is just listening to the lyrics like" a straight lad looking for the meaning of the songs" without being aware of the wonderful well seasoned and delicious musical posible compositions out there(here) I'm drunk good night John Boy.

Apr 07, 2011, 04:56

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

Hey Jaunty, speaking of Dickensian Christmas and Saint Etienne, did you ever get their "A Glimpse of Stocking" fan club Christmas compilation from last year? It's great. Yummmmmmmmm...candy canes!

Apr 07, 2011, 06:00

wracket
wracket
1426 posts

c in dc wrote:
sweet cinnamon in the Cincinnati chili on my chili dog

How right you are. (Though that chili would be ever tastier on your spaghetti.)

Apr 07, 2011, 06:36

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1223 posts

wracket wrote:
c in dc wrote:
sweet cinnamon in the Cincinnati chili on my chili dog

How right you are. (Though that chili would be ever tastier on your spaghetti.)

That cinnamon chili sounds pretty good... Gotta try that! I've been experimenting with slow-cooking my chicken in coffee lately - mixed results so far, but I'm convinced that it has potential.

Apr 07, 2011, 07:11

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

Yep, Dream Theater was a bit of a stretch and Judas did give me an earworm with Turbo Lover back then. Actually I don’t listen to metal at all. I’ve taken an interest in Irish folk music of late and may explore that. Reading your writeup, I think most of us are on that same rainbow more or less.

Hold the metal and the anchovies.

Apr 07, 2011, 15:09

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

Mu Mu wrote:
There's only two kinds of music, good music, and bad music. I like the good kind.

…good food, good music, good times…yayuh!

Apr 07, 2011, 15:10

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

deadlyfingers wrote:
Cheeso wrote:
Anything but contemporary country music, the white album, and the brown album.

I generally like country music made before 1975. After that, it gets pretty dodgy (though Willie did manage a few darn good albums since then).

Yes, pre-rockabilly was more honest.

Apr 07, 2011, 15:13

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index