Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
New Sea and Cake?!?!
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Kazak
Kazak
1625 posts

New Sea and Cake?!?!

Who knew?!!

http://www.thrilljockey.com/catalog/?id=105297

Apr 07, 2011, 14:35

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: New Sea and Cake?!?!

Might be why they're coming to the Empty Bottle in Chicago on 5/21...

Apr 07, 2011, 16:23

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1229 posts

"The album is filled with extended instrumental passages that bear the markers of Prekop's recent solo exploration of analog synthesizers."

Uh-oh.

Apr 08, 2011, 04:19

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1229 posts

Otherwise, I am excited, of course.

Apr 08, 2011, 04:19

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

mmmm....cake

Apr 08, 2011, 10:04

Kazak
Kazak
1625 posts

Apart from track 3, I found that statement to be largely untrue.

Apr 08, 2011, 11:30

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5953 posts

I keep trying but I still can't get past the annoying voice and less than imaginative vocal melody lines. The Moonlight Butterfly is no exception. Though the musicianship is good, I have too much else to listen to, so I give this one a pass.

Apr 30, 2011, 23:30

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1229 posts

Yeah, I realize that a lot of folks are put off / put to sleep by their music. I once took a girl to one of their shows, and she never stopped giving me shit about it. Kept claiming that I was trying to get her into bed so we could just spoon & whisper & listen to The Sea and Cake all night... Didn't sound all that bad to me, but it was meant as a dis.

May 01, 2011, 02:26

GaryB2
GaryB2
2336 posts

deadlyfingers wrote:
"The album is filled with extended instrumental passages that bear the markers of Prekop's recent solo exploration of analog synthesizers."

Uh-oh.

Yeah, the recent Sam Prekop solo LP was piss.

May 01, 2011, 06:04

Kazak
Kazak
1625 posts

They write musical poems. The lyrics are largely poems and the music doesn't have to bowl you over but exist is cohesive units. I guess just not for everybody, but for me!

May 01, 2011, 06:04

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index