Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
What are we listening to this week?
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Re: What are we listening to this week?

I ride the train a lot - 15 hours or so in the week. I am constantly irritated by peoples' noisy sound polluting earbuds when I'm trying to get some shut-eye and a bit of peace. I am drifting away and all I hear is chikkity chik chikkity chik or snik snik snikkity snak - it is so infuriating sometimes.

But this week I gave up with the sleeping and did my own iPod in every day, Within the first hour and a half I really caught Laetitia's 'The Trip' - I have really immersed myself deeply in it since - especially the title track and especially the beautiful gliding bit at the end. Laetitia must have really loved her sister and she describes the feelings of loss beautifully - I hear a sad eyed lady as I drift serenely through the lowlands, and the chikkity chik and chisk chisk chisketty chisk melts into the million years...

Apr 15, 2011, 08:26

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Babylon01
Babylon01
183 posts

Just got a new fake i-pod from aldi, and the only thing on it at the moment is the Llamas' 'Snowbug'. So, that.

The other i-pod is having a rest at the moment, recharging its batteries.

Apr 15, 2011, 12:34

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

This week I have been mostly listening to The Beach Boys.

Apr 15, 2011, 14:09

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Harold Bissonette wrote:
This week I have been mostly listening to The Beach Boys.

Apr 15, 2011, 14:47

lereostab
lereostab
981 posts

Hi, yeah it really is a lovely piece of music, I have the version with Tasmin Little on violin, another piece of his that I love is "Cantus in Memoriam Benjamin Britten" it's another very moving piece, cheers now, Joe.

Apr 15, 2011, 21:26

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Mostly 80's Hits! No, really.

Apr 15, 2011, 21:52

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Mu Mu wrote:
Mostly 80's Hits! No, really.

12" versions I presume.

Apr 15, 2011, 22:47

78 sluss
78 sluss
687 posts

i love the 80's. no i dont, i hate them.

Apr 15, 2011, 22:59

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

78 sluss wrote:

I hate this...please enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWkSD1eLyUA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Apr 16, 2011, 01:54

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

78 sluss wrote:

Best decade for music, hands down.

Apr 16, 2011, 06:27

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index