Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Radiation.
80 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5928 posts

Re: Radiation.

Interesting. I will read further, but I found Monbiot's responses to be pretty weak. He himself used quotes from a single person for many of his refutes of her claims, and sometimes took issue with a particular phrasing which was not the main point. I'm not convinced that a journalist can really respond with greater weight than a scientist on these issues.

His claim that somehow some of the radioactivity decays at a rate to make it safe over a shorter period of time seems ridiculous, considering the number of different types included in the contamination. Some have decay rates that are way longer than a human lifetime. In being a good journalist, it's good for him to examine her claims carefully, but I think he may have more of a driving motivation that seems to reveal itself in his equally vague refutes.

Apr 24, 2011, 09:24

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: