Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Radiation.
80 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

Re: Radiation.

wracket wrote:
Whether or not the case involves the use of nuclear energy is a crucial question and one that should neither be reduced to a cost-based risk analysis nor dismissed out of hand due to fear-mongering propaganda.

I agree, however it doesn't take fear-mongering propaganda for a layman to see the dangers and their potential end result played out right now in Japan. And doesn't take an expert to see that the spent fuel rods STILL have no where to go. And that the burning fuel rods are posing a huge risk right now for the Japanese people. And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to assume that the radioactivity will perhaps make it's way in the air and water toward California. :( Whether it increases our cancer risk is not known. It doesn't take someone with scientific expertise to know that future and present "safer" nuclear technologies could still have room for human error, as we know this has always been part of humanity from the get go.

Maybe we should all just accept all our dirty ways and just say, oh well, we have more risk of cancer now, from the moment we are born, and just say it's a price of living, that we may die before our times. I mean really, previous centuries had a much shorter lifespan. Nah, I'm not quite there yet, not really willing to accept it from Caldicott or anyone else.

Apr 24, 2011, 20:46

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: