Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Radiation.
80 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5924 posts

Re: Radiation.

wracket wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:
And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to assume that the radioactivity will perhaps make it's way in the air and water toward California.

Actually, it does take a scientist (though probably not one specializing in rockets) to assume that. Especially since Chernobyl, even by the most generous of estimations, didn't lead to radioactivity traveling even a third of the radius which that would suggest.

I will have to find where I heard that the debris from the tsunami in Japan will reach Hawaii in one year, California in 3. Let's hope radiation will not travel that kind of distance in air or water. Of course we already know that other types of pollution can and do travel great distances in the air. I didn't read up on this yet, but it seems like an assumption that a non-scientist could at least question the possibility. Which is why I said "perhaps" and shouldn't have said "assume", but it's worrisome.

Apr 25, 2011, 00:29

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: