Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Osama Bin Laden dead?
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Re: Osama Bin Laden dead?

JS wrote:
Who will be the next murderer of innocent men, women & children brought to deserved justice?

There. Fixed that for ya.

May 02, 2011, 12:51

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Mu Mu wrote:
JS wrote:
Who will be the next murderer of innocent men, women & children brought to deserved justice?

There. Fixed that for ya.

Is it justice? How is killing someone else justice? Does it make the world better? Does it send a message of a new way of life? Is the ledger square? Does his death balance out the deaths of all of his victims? If not, surely it is not justice.

And will the next murderer of innocent men, women & children brought to deserved justice be George Bush, Obama or Tony Blair? Or us who stand by while villages are bombed?

I am not suggesting that Laden or any non-Western killer is remotely justified but it seems a bit rich to cry foul while we don't live up to our own standards. I don't want to be judged by Gaddafian, Hamasian or Iranian standards. I want to be judged by the standards we set for ourselves.

May 02, 2011, 13:27

microbehunter
microbehunter
626 posts

Agreed.

And let's not kid ourselves of the blatant two-faced duplicity from all sides in this conflict. The 9/11 terrorist attack was planned, executed and funded by radical Pakistanis and Saudis. We (the West) respond by invading Iraq and Afghanistan. Why? Because Pakistan has nukes and Saudi Arabia has oil.

May 02, 2011, 14:06

Icepulse
Icepulse
166 posts

Well, we see US people celebrating in the streets, and it calls to mind images of news footage of Middle Eastern Islamic communities dancing and celebrating the fall of the WTC on 09/11/2011...

But I don't see too many news clips of US citizens dancing a jig when word gets out that a village of 4,000 innocent Muslims end up under the rubble of Allied air-strikes.

It's not our style, as a nation, to celebrate the death of innocents. The US people only celebrate the fall of a scoundrel; never the fall of bystanders. We celebrated the fall of our own scoundrel, GW Bush through the use of our electoral process. People in the US put a liberal administration in the White House as a way of standing up against an unnecessary war like the one in Iraq. The US people have their hearts in the right place, there. Take care of the sick, restore an international atmosphere of good will and stop giving free rides to careless, mega-rich corporations on the backs of the dwindling middle-class. It's a right-wing opposition in our own back yard that's trying to throw spikes in our path....

May 02, 2011, 14:13

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Icepulse wrote:
Well, we see US people celebrating in the streets, and it calls to mind images of news footage of Middle Eastern Islamic communities dancing and celebrating the fall of the WTC on 09/11/2011...

But I don't see too many news clips of US citizens dancing a jig when word gets out that a village of 4,000 innocent Muslims end up under the rubble of Allied air-strikes.

It's not our style, as a nation, to celebrate the death of innocents. The US people only celebrate the fall of a scoundrel; never the fall of bystanders. We celebrated the fall of our own scoundrel, GW Bush through the use of our electoral process. People in the US put a liberal administration in the White House as a way of standing up against an unnecessary war like the one in Iraq. The US people have their hearts in the right place, there. Take care of the sick, restore an international atmosphere of good will and stop giving free rides to careless, mega-rich corporations on the backs of the dwindling middle-class. It's a right-wing opposition in our own back yard that's trying to throw spikes in our path....

Here, here! Agreed! I'm waiting for the idiots to ask for the long-form death certificate. ;)

May 02, 2011, 14:15

Icepulse
Icepulse
166 posts

...ummmm 09/11/2001.

Whoops.

May 02, 2011, 14:28

Icepulse
Icepulse
166 posts

what's society built on
what's society built on
what's society built on
what's society built on
it's built on, built on bluff,
built on bluff, built on trust,
what's society built on
it's built on, built on words,
built on words, built on work

responsible for what i say
responsible for what i hush

May 02, 2011, 14:29

GaryB2
GaryB2
2325 posts

I'm glad he's dead. I hope they hunt down and kill all terrorising Islamists that spend their time plotting our downfall.

Special Forces dudes, I salute you!

May 02, 2011, 14:30

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

hito wrote:

Is it justice?

Yes.

May 02, 2011, 14:31

Bytor Peltor
Bytor Peltor
165 posts

hito wrote:
Is it justice? How is killing someone else justice? Does it make the world better?

YES - the world is better because he is dead......and dead is dead!

May 02, 2011, 14:33

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index