Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Osama Bin Laden dead?
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Icepulse
Icepulse
166 posts

Re: Osama Bin Laden dead?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice#Concept_of_justice

Let's see what we can learn.

May 02, 2011, 14:33

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Mu Mu wrote:
hito wrote:

Is it justice?

Yes.

;)

May 02, 2011, 14:37

microbehunter
microbehunter
626 posts

GaryB2 wrote:
I'm glad he's dead. I hope they hunt down and kill all terrorising Islamists that spend their time plotting our downfall.

So let me get this right :

We pay Pakistan to help us in Afghanistan, even though we know some of that money is killing our own soldiers, because we fear that leaving could lead to Pakistani Islamists controlling its bomb. And we send Saudi Arabia money for oil, even though we know that some of it ends up financing the very people we are fighting, because confronting the Saudis over their own internal affairs seems too destabilizing.

May 02, 2011, 14:45

hito
hito
1745 posts

Bytor Peltor wrote:
hito wrote:
Is it justice? How is killing someone else justice? Does it make the world better?

YES - the world is better because he is dead......and dead is dead!

Yes, dead is dead...indeed...dead is..hmmm

I suppose to explain further, I doubt his death will change anything. I think terrorists will still exist and the west has shown that we think killing is a way to solve problems. The world is not better for that. The cycle of violence will continue.

Did the death of Khomeni or Arafat bring peace and reason? No. Did the end of Bush's presidency end the war in Afghanistan? No.

One death is nothing but a bag of bones in the ocean. 1000 deaths is a stack of bones on some dirt. 1 million deaths is a bigger stack.

May 02, 2011, 14:45

k.
k.
407 posts

Labhead wrote:
Icepulse wrote:
Well, we see US people celebrating in the streets, and it calls to mind images of news footage of Middle Eastern Islamic communities dancing and celebrating the fall of the WTC on 09/11/2011...

But I don't see too many news clips of US citizens dancing a jig when word gets out that a village of 4,000 innocent Muslims end up under the rubble of Allied air-strikes.

It's not our style, as a nation, to celebrate the death of innocents. The US people only celebrate the fall of a scoundrel; never the fall of bystanders. We celebrated the fall of our own scoundrel, GW Bush through the use of our electoral process. People in the US put a liberal administration in the White House as a way of standing up against an unnecessary war like the one in Iraq. The US people have their hearts in the right place, there. Take care of the sick, restore an international atmosphere of good will and stop giving free rides to careless, mega-rich corporations on the backs of the dwindling middle-class. It's a right-wing opposition in our own back yard that's trying to throw spikes in our path....

Here, here! Agreed! I'm waiting for the idiots to ask for the long-form death certificate. ;)

There's nothing idiotic about demanding evidence when trillions have spent on this quest.

May 02, 2011, 14:48

Icepulse
Icepulse
166 posts

hito wrote:
...the west has shown that we think killing is a way to solve problems.

Yes... the west.

hito wrote:
One death is nothing but a bag of bones in the ocean. 1000 deaths is a stack of bones on some dirt. 1 million deaths is a bigger stack.

That sounds so positively existentialist, I have to wonder which of your remarks reflects your perspective!

May 02, 2011, 14:51

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

hito wrote:

;)

Explaining the obvious is too tedious. Do your own research!

;)

May 02, 2011, 14:58

Icepulse
Icepulse
166 posts

k. wrote:
There's nothing idiotic about demanding evidence when trillions have spent on this quest.

You don't really think that they would drop OBL into the ocean w/o first filing away 1,000 photos and documented forensic data, do you?

No, I don't see any administration being stupid enough to fake such a thing, although I wouldn't be surprised if a video of Bin Laden surfaced, with him saying "I'm fine, folks!", either.

May 02, 2011, 15:00

k.
k.
407 posts

Icepulse wrote:
k. wrote:
You don't really think that they would drop OBL into the ocean w/o first filing away 1,000 photos and documented forensic data, do you?

No, I don't see any administration being stupid enough to fake such a thing, although I wouldn't be surprised if a video of Bin Laden surfaced, with him saying "I'm fine, folks!", either

The question is, will they release any of those 1,000 photos?

May 02, 2011, 15:01

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

See Hito?

You are proving how predictable you have become.Don't get offended because I tell it like it is.

May 02, 2011, 15:05

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index