Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Osama Bin Laden dead?
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Icepulse
Icepulse
166 posts

Re: Osama Bin Laden dead?

k. wrote:
The question is, will they release any of those 1,000 photos?

I think the answer is yes, they most certainly will.

May 02, 2011, 15:06

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

k.
k.
407 posts

Icepulse wrote:
k. wrote:
The question is, will they release any of those 1,000 photos?
I think the answer is yes, they most certainly will.

Sounds good.

May 02, 2011, 15:10

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

k. wrote:
Labhead wrote:
Icepulse wrote:
Well, we see US people celebrating in the streets, and it calls to mind images of news footage of Middle Eastern Islamic communities dancing and celebrating the fall of the WTC on 09/11/2011...

But I don't see too many news clips of US citizens dancing a jig when word gets out that a village of 4,000 innocent Muslims end up under the rubble of Allied air-strikes.

It's not our style, as a nation, to celebrate the death of innocents. The US people only celebrate the fall of a scoundrel; never the fall of bystanders. We celebrated the fall of our own scoundrel, GW Bush through the use of our electoral process. People in the US put a liberal administration in the White House as a way of standing up against an unnecessary war like the one in Iraq. The US people have their hearts in the right place, there. Take care of the sick, restore an international atmosphere of good will and stop giving free rides to careless, mega-rich corporations on the backs of the dwindling middle-class. It's a right-wing opposition in our own back yard that's trying to throw spikes in our path....

Here, here! Agreed! I'm waiting for the idiots to ask for the long-form death certificate. ;)

There's nothing idiotic about demanding evidence when trillions have spent on this quest.

http://www.thepeoplesvoice.org/TPV3/media/blogs/blog/9/osama_bin_laden_dead0001_66.jpg

May 02, 2011, 15:46

k.
k.
407 posts

http://rateyourmusic.com/images/all?type=w&assoc_id=2474864

May 02, 2011, 16:01

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

Yes, my bad, just found out it was a fake.

May 02, 2011, 16:05

k.
k.
407 posts

Yeah, I don't mean to be difficult. I just find that there has been a lot of lies over the years, a lot of incidences where "national security" is invoked, a lot of "trust us". I think it is fair to ask for evidence.

May 02, 2011, 16:07

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

Real evidence will be leaked I'm sure. Whoever created that fake is a real disgusting jerk. I bet there will be lots of those. I don't have much doubt it happened, as it would be a huge farce. And what would we gain from a farce? It would be very risky of Obama to be part of such a thing.

I can't quite comprehend how Bin Laden's death benefits us, except it was a mission that's been accomplished. But it's not justice. I don't think that word should be used. I think it's an act of a continuing war. In war people die. He's not an innocent, he's attacked us. We didn't kill al quaeda, they still exist and may have more fervor now than before.

I do understand why they took his body, as it would be such a martyr scene among his followers.

May 02, 2011, 18:19

MY RETURN
1963 posts

US holiday

People are acting like it's a national holiday. lol On one hand, it's an affair to be proud but some are acting like it's all over.

May 02, 2011, 19:18

MY RETURN
1963 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
Real evidence will be leaked I'm sure. Whoever created that fake is a real disgusting jerk. I bet there will be lots of those. I don't have much doubt it happened, as it would be a huge farce. And what would we gain from a farce? It would be very risky of Obama to be part of such a thing.

I can't quite comprehend how Bin Laden's death benefits us, except it was a mission that's been accomplished. But it's not justice. I don't think that word should be used. I think it's an act of a continuing war. In war people die. He's not an innocent, he's attacked us. We didn't kill al quaeda, they still exist and may have more fervor now than before.

I do understand why they took his body, as it would be such a martyr scene among his followers.

Supposedly they buried him at sea. The conspiracy theorists are out.

May 02, 2011, 20:21

hito
hito
1745 posts

Icepulse wrote:
hito wrote:
...the west has shown that we think killing is a way to solve problems.

Yes... the west.

hito wrote:
One death is nothing but a bag of bones in the ocean. 1000 deaths is a stack of bones on some dirt. 1 million deaths is a bigger stack.

That sounds so positively existentialist, I have to wonder which of your remarks reflects your perspective!

a) Yes, the west. Read the earlier post in full to get the explanation.
b)Yes. Why wouldn't they be my perspective?

Perhaps you could come up with a thesis rather than simply playing the man.

May 02, 2011, 21:49

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index