Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Osama Bin Laden dead?
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: See what?

Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
You are proving how predictable you have become.Don't get offended because I tell it like it is.

a) I didn't know you had even said anything.

b) I am not remotely offended by anything that has been said by anybody in this thread.

May 02, 2011, 21:53

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB2
GaryB2
2325 posts

Re: Osama Bin Laden dead?

microbehunter wrote:
GaryB2 wrote:
I'm glad he's dead. I hope they hunt down and kill all terrorising Islamists that spend their time plotting our downfall.

So let me get this right :

We pay Pakistan to help us in Afghanistan, even though we know some of that money is killing our own soldiers, because we fear that leaving could lead to Pakistani Islamists controlling its bomb. And we send Saudi Arabia money for oil, even though we know that some of it ends up financing the very people we are fighting, because confronting the Saudis over their own internal affairs seems too destabilizing.

Its a fucked up world. I just like it when the goodies shoot the baddies in the head!

May 02, 2011, 21:57

corporalclegg
corporalclegg
501 posts

Re: Paul dead?

I used to wonder if Paul was dead...unfortunately it was John who ended up dead.

May 02, 2011, 22:04

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

hito wrote:

Funny how you responded to it then...

May 02, 2011, 22:18

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

Re: Paul dead?

corporalclegg wrote:
I used to wonder if Paul was dead...unfortunately it was John who ended up dead.

I disagree...

May 02, 2011, 22:19

JS
JS
489 posts

Mu Mu wrote:
JS wrote:
Who will be the next murderer of innocent men, women & children brought to deserved justice?

There. Fixed that for ya.

Just remember, idiot, that one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Are you sorry for the thousands of innocents killed by the American and allied military forces in the middle east?

To them, the Americans and allied ARE the terrorists!

And of course, now that Saddam and Osama are dead, there will soon be other scapegoats. America desperately need war and conflict, because their astronomical military budget must be justified. It's the economy, stupid. America would be bankrupt without the armament industry and all the jobs provided by the military.

May 02, 2011, 22:28

flatironsteak
flatironsteak
341 posts

So what was the U.S supposed to do after the 911? Should they just have stayed still for the whole time and let whatever you want to describe attack the shit out of the U.S?

Don't get me wrong, I pretty much agree with what you said about the difference in perspective. Lets just not forget that we are all animal inside. There is no absolute justice and human are so small that they can only see what is in front of them.

May 02, 2011, 23:03

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

it'll never top Anna Nicole Smith's death. NEVER.

May 02, 2011, 23:07

Icepulse
Icepulse
166 posts

hito wrote:
Icepulse wrote:
hito wrote:
...the west has shown that we think killing is a way to solve problems.

Yes... the west.

hito wrote:
One death is nothing but a bag of bones in the ocean. 1000 deaths is a stack of bones on some dirt. 1 million deaths is a bigger stack.

That sounds so positively existentialist, I have to wonder which of your remarks reflects your perspective!

a) Yes, the west. Read the earlier post in full to get the explanation.
b)Yes. Why wouldn't they be my perspective?

Perhaps you could come up with a thesis rather than simply playing the man.

I read your post, hito. I simply don't feel that it explains anything. My earlier post posits the perspective taken by intelligent Americans, with regard to the thing being "celebrated". It's more than the death of one cad; it's the destruction of an idea that is toxic to civilized society.

hito wrote:
One death is nothing but a bag of bones in the ocean. 1000 deaths is a stack of bones on some dirt. 1 million deaths is a bigger stack.
implies that you are either being facetious, or that you understand the insignificance of the speck that is our generation, in the scheme of time. But which? If the former, then it is your thesis that seems pointless. If the latter, then you contradict yourself.

Regardless, it strikes me as disingenuous when someone cries foul at the extermination of a creature who does nothing with his time on earth, but to devise horrible ways of exterminating other people, en masse, with indiscriminate ease. I'm a hardcore liberal, but I look at people who are expressing exultation over this issue, and at least it feels genuine. When I read comments that express disgust, I have a terrible feeling that I'm staring into the face of nonchalant hypocrisy; that you really don't give a tinker's shit about this person, and that you're just looking for some excuse to devalue the feelings of the common man.

At least they feel something.

I'm not singling anyone out. But the notion of human life being SO valuable that even the most deplorable of villains deserve to go right on living.... Well, that strikes me as fairly fundamentalist. I seriously doubt that even the greatest history's thinkers would support the view.

May 02, 2011, 23:15

hito
hito
1745 posts

Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
hito wrote:

Funny how you responded to it then...

So I assume you are Mu Mu too? Yawn.

Well, if you are and telling it like it is includes powerful arguments like:

"yes" and "There. Fixed that for ya." then I will let your words speak for themselves.

But I will say that if you think I am offended by simple discussion then you probably need to consider the ways that adults operate. I can disagree with people about ideas without being offended. In this case, I disagree with Gary but I am not offended. I disagree with you but I am not offended. Please understand that many people know how to present ideas without resorting to name calling and insults.

May 02, 2011, 23:35

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index