Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Osama Bin Laden dead?
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

Re: See what?

wracket wrote:
JS wrote:
A good cure for that is having sex with someone who loves you...

Hmmm...are you offering your services?

http://www.stereolab.co.uk/forum/stereolab/topic/3244/threaded/36554

Hey, weren't you two supposed to leave each other alone? Wasn't that promised by both of you on many occasions?

Other than responding to a recent post by JS that was too good to ignore, I've been avoiding that clown. I don't even read anything he writes.

He can't bring himself to ignore me, though...

May 04, 2011, 22:58

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
hito wrote:
I'm hito and I'm a ruined little troll

no shit

The words of LL Cool J come to mind:

"Don't call it a comeback"

May 04, 2011, 23:41

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

hito wrote:
hito wrote:
I'm hito and I'm a ruined little troll

no shit

The words of LL Cool J come to mind:

"Don't call it a comeback"

The words of Cheeso come to mind:
"You are predictable and boring."

May 04, 2011, 23:46

k.
k.
407 posts

Re: People that are actually ruined by the killing of Osama

k. wrote:
Hito
JS
Bote
K is borderline
Rush Limbaugh
Some conservative republicans I know

What strange people...

You are at times funny Cheeso. That's something...

No pics will be released, apparently.

So, let it begin...

What, the trolling? That's already underway...

May 05, 2011, 00:41

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: Osama Bin Laden dead?

He's been dead or years, UH YEAH our military sucks and we need 10 years to catch Bin Laden??? I don't think so. I'm not buying it, but, whatever. glad he's gone. Yay Obama!!

May 05, 2011, 00:57

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I mean Barack! Not Bin Laden.

May 05, 2011, 00:57

JS
JS
489 posts

Other than responding to a recent post by JS that was too good to ignore, I've been avoiding that clown. I don't even read anything he writes.

If you don't read anything I write, then how could you have found something I wrote that was "too good to ignore"?

You're a lying son of a bitch. It is quite obvious that you still read everything I write.

Good job at ignoring me, though. I know it must be a tremendous struggle for you, but you are doing the right thing.

However, you still can't resist Return and Hito, you are still letting them play with your feeble mind. But I hope that a day will come when you will realize that these two are just like me: better, stronger, smarter than you, and that your best option is to ignore them too, just like you are ignoring me.

May 05, 2011, 00:58

hito
hito
1745 posts

Bytor Peltor wrote:
hito wrote:
I suppose to explain further, I doubt his death will change anything. I think terrorists will still exist and the west has shown that we think killing is a way to solve problems. The world is not better for that. The cycle of violence will continue.

Did the death of Khomeni or Arafat bring peace and reason? No. Did the end of Bush's presidency end the war in Afghanistan? No.

One death is nothing but a bag of bones in the ocean. 1000 deaths is a stack of bones on some dirt. 1 million deaths is a bigger stack.

SO - what is the rest of the world to do when it comes upon the absolute embodiment of evil in a man, nation or movement?

Do we really understand evil? NO - not someone who breaks into your home or a man who kills his wife because he finds her with another man. I believe a serial killers are close, but it's still nothing like an islamofascist who sends children to commit suicide by blowing up women and children. This is true evil and OBL was very much the root of this type of evil at one time. He may have somewhat slowed and became less involved in his older age, but I believe he was still a motivating factor for many others who look to harm innocent people.

There is only one death that ever brought peace, and we celebrated that a week ago.

You make some good points but I say in answer to your opening question, "be careful".

At present, the US is the world power but it won't last. If they and the west don't establish high standards for dealing with opponents then they will have less than a leg to stand on when China becomes the world power and decides to kill international dissidents like it kills its domestic dissidents now.

If we want to establish a genuine world order to pass on peacefully to developing countries as they rise to match or surpass us, then we cannot condone the killing of anyone, especially without trial. If we destroy even the worst of people summarily, then it will continue in systems we have no control over.

Just imagine who China, Israel, India, Russia, Zimbabwe and others think is public enemy number 1 and ask yourself whether you want them acting on their beliefs like we have with bin Laden.

Ask yourself whether you want GW Bush shot in the head by an Iraqi or Afghan hit squad (seriously, lefties, would you like that to happen?). Ask if you want the Dalai Llama killed by the Chinese government. Ask if you like the idea of the KGB or Mossad coming to your country to perform a hit. Ask if you want Morgan Tsvangirai shot dead in Botswana by Mugabe's goons.

Assuming you don't want those things happening, think long and hard about this assassination of bin Laden. If you do think those potential assassinations are okay, I disagree with you so fundamentally that I woud ask you not to bother replying.

May 05, 2011, 05:40

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

hito wrote:

You make some good points but I say in answer to your opening question, "be careful".

At present, the US is the world power but it won't last. If they and the west don't establish high standards for dealing with opponents then they will have less than a leg to stand on when China becomes the world power and decides to kill international dissidents like it kills its domestic dissidents now.

If we want to establish a genuine world order to pass on peacefully to developing countries as they rise to match or surpass us, then we cannot condone the killing of anyone, especially without trial. If we destroy even the worst of people summarily, then it will continue in systems we have no control over.

Just imagine who China, Israel, India, Russia, Zimbabwe and others think is public enemy number 1 and ask yourself whether you want them acting on their beliefs like we have with bin Laden.

Ask yourself whether you want GW Bush shot in the head by an Iraqi or Afghan hit squad (seriously, lefties, would you like that to happen?). Ask if you want the Dalai Llama killed by the Chinese government. Ask if you like the idea of the KGB or Mossad coming to your country to perform a hit. Ask if you want Morgan Tsvangirai shot dead in Botswana by Mugabe's goons.

Assuming you don't want those things happening, think long and hard about this assassination of bin Laden. If you do think those potential assassinations are okay, I disagree with you so fundamentally that I woud ask you not to bother replying.

Are you naive, hito, or ignorant? You're not suggesting that the US has set some precedent here, are you?

May 05, 2011, 06:33

wracket
wracket
1426 posts

Cheeso wrote:
Are you naive, hito, or ignorant? You're not suggesting that the US has set some precedent here, are you?

What he's suggesting is that the US should lead by example while it still finds itself in a global leadership role.

May 05, 2011, 06:42

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index