Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Osama Bin Laden dead?
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Re: Osama Bin Laden dead?

Icepulse wrote:
I don't see any administration being stupid enough to fake such a thing

For the sake of argument, was an autopsy done? How do we know they haven't had his body on ice for months/years? Quick, into the ocean!

May 05, 2011, 17:56

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
wracket wrote:
Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
I know that, wracket. But he acts like this is the first time something like this has happened.

Well, to the neutral observer it can sometimes seem as though you get aggressive with certain forumites regardless of what they are saying, simply because you have already decided that you don't like the cut of their jib.

No, I think hito started to make an interesting point, but he ended up being rather glib about it. I mean, it would be nice if it was all so simple and black and white, yes?

it's an ugly game, we are all caught up in it. It's as old as mankind itself, probably.

Well, I don't think it is all black and white. I know why people are angry and understand the inclination to be happy at bin Laden's death. But I don't think it is right. In my life, I have never seen the west celebrate the death of anyone. It is quite a shock.

And I don't think I am being glib. I mean what I say about perspective. I am sure many Chinese people (and I mean average people who come to my country as students) see people like the Dalai Llama as a trouble maker who has stirred up riots that have ended in deaths. And to be frank, I don't think the Dalai Llama is the saint that some think he is. But I don't want them thinking that a hit on him is legitimate. Given that, I don't advocate sending a crack squad in to kill bin Laden and I don't condone partying in the streets now that he is dead.

Of course, this is just my opinion and many will disagree. Another reason it is not just black and white.

May 06, 2011, 02:22

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Kazak wrote:
For the sake of argument, was an autopsy done? How do we know they haven't had his body on ice for months/years? Quick, into the ocean!

For the sake of argument, what would be the point? How would anyone benefit?

May 06, 2011, 13:44

motoroller
79 posts

I still can't believe he's gone...

May 06, 2011, 14:05

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

You know, I don't know, but I think that's pretty irrelevant really. What's the point of a lot of military secrets? I don't know, they're secrets.

Serious questions persist about 911 because the stench of the unanswered questions reek so badly and seem to contradict the official story. So, why conduct business in such a way that allows unanswered questions to go unanswered, is all I'm saying. Imaginations will naturally run wild.

May 06, 2011, 14:08

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5924 posts

I assume one of the photos will eventually leak out, maybe accidentally on purpose even. But I think it's a very good idea not to parade it around right after the fact. If you're going to kill an infamous leader, might as well be cautious about the political ramifications.

May 06, 2011, 18:11

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
I assume one of the photos will eventually leak out, maybe accidentally on purpose even. But I think it's a very good idea not to parade it around right after the fact. If you're going to kill an infamous leader, might as well be cautious about the political ramifications.

I agree, though I am somewhat disappointed that a photo wasn't published. Even though it might have looked like grandstanding...I think the doubters would have doubted anyway. It's a fine line that I think Obama is handling pretty well.

Someone I know thinks Bin Laden has been dead for years and Al Qaeda is confirming his death just now, in an effort to help Obama! It's a curious country we live in...

May 06, 2011, 18:20

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Octoberish, 2012?

May 06, 2011, 19:46

MY RETURN
1963 posts

Teens don't know who he is (Yahoo)

http://www.boingboing.net/2011/05/02/who-is-osama-bin-lad.html

Yahoo reported that two-thirds of people searching for "Who is Osama Bin Laden?" today were teenagers. Yes, that's right, a non-insignificant number of teenagers in America do not know who Osama bin Laden is.

According to Yahoo!, The Top Searched Questions on Osama bin Laden are (based on Sunday, 5/1):
1. Is Osama bin Laden dead?
2. How did Osama bin Laden die?
3. Who killed Osama bin Laden?
4. How old is Osama bin Laden
5. Who is Osama bin Laden
6. Where was Osama bin Laden killed?
7. Is Osama bin Laden dead or alive?
8. How tall is Osama bin Laden?

News of Osama bin Laden's death seemed to have struck a chord with younger folks who grew up during the war on terrorism.

- On Yahoo!, 1 in 3 searches for "how did osama bin laden die" on Sunday were from teens ages 13-17.

- According to Yahoo!, 40% of searches on Sunday for "who killed osama bin laden" were from people ages 13-20.

- However, it seems teens ages 13-17 were seeking more information as they made up 66% of searches for "who is osama bin laden?"

Jun 28, 2011, 23:24

Icepulse
Icepulse
166 posts

Re: Teens don't know who he is (Yahoo)

"Non-insignificant"?

Jun 29, 2011, 00:36

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index