Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Osama Bin Laden dead?
118 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Bytor Peltor
Bytor Peltor
165 posts

Re: Osama Bin Laden dead?

hito wrote:
I suppose to explain further, I doubt his death will change anything. I think terrorists will still exist and the west has shown that we think killing is a way to solve problems. The world is not better for that. The cycle of violence will continue.

Did the death of Khomeni or Arafat bring peace and reason? No. Did the end of Bush's presidency end the war in Afghanistan? No.

One death is nothing but a bag of bones in the ocean. 1000 deaths is a stack of bones on some dirt. 1 million deaths is a bigger stack.

SO - what is the rest of the world to do when it comes upon the absolute embodiment of evil in a man, nation or movement?

Do we really understand evil? NO - not someone who breaks into your home or a man who kills his wife because he finds her with another man. I believe a serial killers are close, but it's still nothing like an islamofascist who sends children to commit suicide by blowing up women and children. This is true evil and OBL was very much the root of this type of evil at one time. He may have somewhat slowed and became less involved in his older age, but I believe he was still a motivating factor for many others who look to harm innocent people.

There is only one death that ever brought peace, and we celebrated that a week ago.

May 03, 2011, 14:28

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: