Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Osama Bin Laden dead?
118 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: Osama Bin Laden dead?

Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
wracket wrote:
Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
I know that, wracket. But he acts like this is the first time something like this has happened.

Well, to the neutral observer it can sometimes seem as though you get aggressive with certain forumites regardless of what they are saying, simply because you have already decided that you don't like the cut of their jib.

No, I think hito started to make an interesting point, but he ended up being rather glib about it. I mean, it would be nice if it was all so simple and black and white, yes?

it's an ugly game, we are all caught up in it. It's as old as mankind itself, probably.

Well, I don't think it is all black and white. I know why people are angry and understand the inclination to be happy at bin Laden's death. But I don't think it is right. In my life, I have never seen the west celebrate the death of anyone. It is quite a shock.

And I don't think I am being glib. I mean what I say about perspective. I am sure many Chinese people (and I mean average people who come to my country as students) see people like the Dalai Llama as a trouble maker who has stirred up riots that have ended in deaths. And to be frank, I don't think the Dalai Llama is the saint that some think he is. But I don't want them thinking that a hit on him is legitimate. Given that, I don't advocate sending a crack squad in to kill bin Laden and I don't condone partying in the streets now that he is dead.

Of course, this is just my opinion and many will disagree. Another reason it is not just black and white.

May 06, 2011, 02:22

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: