Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Log In
-Register
food you dont eat is always the best food
Log In to post a reply
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Re: food you dont eat is always the best food

He's into the "Absolute Truth Exposed".

Anti carb, anti fiber, anti the Big Bang, pro Jesus.

Volume 1 is a blast. He kinda loses me with the Bible interpretations, but his Food & Nutrition stuff is pure gold.

May 03, 2011, 23:16


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Re: food you dont eat is always the best food

I am going to buy and read that for sure, thanks for telling me about it, it's right up my street, I can't wait to check out his biblical interpretations too, kind regards Joe.

May 04, 2011, 00:53


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

xperceptor
xperceptor
337 posts

Re: food you dont eat is always the best food

lereostab wrote:
And unless you happen to follow Dr Atkins principles, in which case you are almost always eating the best food.


I've been a disciple of Dr. Atkins for many years. His principles are backed by basic science regarding how the human body processes carbohydrates. Whereas the body burns calories very quickly/easily without leaving anything extra to result in weight gain, carbs first have to be broken down into calories before the body can start to burn them up. What carbs that aren't broken down and converted into calories turns into extra body mass. However, there are some high carb delights such as a loaded baked potato or to die for pasta dishes which are okay. I stay away from carbonated beverages! In any case moderation and exercise is the ticket.

May 04, 2011, 02:15


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Re: food you dont eat is always the best food

Well said, but the pasta and potatoes need to be shelved for the induction period don't they?? just in case there are any future disciples out there who need the truth about carbs and the damage they can cause, regards Joe.

May 04, 2011, 03:34


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

xperceptor
xperceptor
337 posts

Re: food you dont eat is always the best food

lereostab wrote:
Well said, but the pasta and potatoes need to be shelved for the induction period don't they?? just in case there are any future disciples out there who need the truth about carbs and the damage they can cause, regards Joe.


I hear ya. But breaking carbs is not easy. You shouldn't go cold turkey all at once. Allow yourself an award occasionally. A Martini perhaps?

May 04, 2011, 04:13


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Re: food you dont eat is always the best food

Or a tasty chocolate rich "Atkins Advantage Bar" choc brownie and caramel peanut are my favourites, only 3 or 4 net carbs in each 60 gram bar, wow, yum yum!!!

May 04, 2011, 04:36


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: food you dont eat is always the best food

xperceptor wrote:
His principles are backed by basic science regarding how the human body processes carbohydrates. Whereas the body burns calories very quickly/easily without leaving anything extra to result in weight gain, carbs first have to be broken down into calories before the body can start to burn them up.

Ahh, those pesky body processes. I cannot believe that the body has to do any work on foods prior to you expelling them from your body. Chewing, bah. Saliva, yawn. Enzymes, lol. Just drink mashed up urine and faeces and be done with all this digesting crap.

May 04, 2011, 21:42


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Re: food you dont eat is always the best food

Don't mention Jesus and sh*t in the same thread, hito. Eek!!

May 04, 2011, 21:51


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

xperceptor
xperceptor
337 posts

Re: food you dont eat is always the best food

hito wrote:
xperceptor wrote:
His principles are backed by basic science regarding how the human body processes carbohydrates. Whereas the body burns calories very quickly/easily without leaving anything extra to result in weight gain, carbs first have to be broken down into calories before the body can start to burn them up.

Ahh, those pesky body processes. I cannot believe that the body has to do any work on foods prior to you expelling them from your body. Chewing, bah. Saliva, yawn. Enzymes, lol. Just drink mashed up urine and faeces and be done with all this digesting crap.



If only what you are saying exemplified a true perpetual system such as the universe itself. That is, the ending and beginning is the same. It doesn't even qualify for the chicken / egg theory. Eventually with the eating and releasing of fecal matter the body would eventually burn the substance up untill the releasing function would terminate.

May 05, 2011, 03:14


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: food you dont eat is always the best food

xperceptor wrote:
hito wrote:
xperceptor wrote:
His principles are backed by basic science regarding how the human body processes carbohydrates. Whereas the body burns calories very quickly/easily without leaving anything extra to result in weight gain, carbs first have to be broken down into calories before the body can start to burn them up.

Ahh, those pesky body processes. I cannot believe that the body has to do any work on foods prior to you expelling them from your body. Chewing, bah. Saliva, yawn. Enzymes, lol. Just drink mashed up urine and faeces and be done with all this digesting crap.



If only what you are saying exemplified a true perpetual system such as the universe itself. That is, the ending and beginning is the same. It doesn't even qualify for the chicken / egg theory. Eventually with the eating and releasing of fecal matter the body would eventually burn the substance up untill the releasing function would terminate.


Perhaps you missed the point. I was not actually suggesting you consume faeces and urine. It was a joke. My remarks about faeces was taking your criticism to an extreme.

The point was that bemoaning the failure of carbohydrates to instantly turn into calories is flawed. There are all sorts of bodily functions that take time and often for a good reason. Some food needs to take longer to burn so that we can sustain ourselves without constant eating.

May 05, 2011, 05:14

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index