Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
This is getting old.
Pages: 7 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Icepulse
Icepulse
166 posts

This is getting old.

I joined the forum to talk about Stereolab, music and art in general. Bin Laden get popped, and it's big news, I understand. But now, these topics are dominating the board, to the point where a Stereolab topic I posted gets pushed to the second page, in favor of more idiotic political grand-standing (most of which shows a disconcerting lack of intelligence, I might add).

I'll check back in 6 months.

Disappointing.

May 05, 2011, 12:04

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

bassRelex
bassRelex
43 posts

Re: This is getting old.

Icepulse wrote:
I joined the forum to talk about Stereolab, music and art in general. Bin Laden get popped, and it's big news, I understand. But now, these topics are dominating the board, to the point where a Stereolab topic I posted gets pushed to the second page, in favor of more idiotic political grand-standing (most of which shows a disconcerting lack of intelligence, I might add).

I'll check back in 6 months.

Disappointing.

Out of respect I reply to this post so it doesn't move on to page 2 unanswered. Move some of matthew6 posts back to the front. Hang around or like me post every blue moon.

May 05, 2011, 12:35

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

its worth it to check back regularly for the music recommendations alone. I'm always curious about the stuff people here are listening to and/or nerding out about.

May 05, 2011, 13:05

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

It was the same 6 months ago. It'll be the same 6 months from now. It's a free forum. People can and do post what they want. Add in the people who intend to troll (about which really nothing can be done), and it becomes a playground sometimes. Huffing off because the content you want is not at the top of the page seems a little, frankly, weak. Be the change you wish to see?

May 05, 2011, 13:13

Icepulse
Icepulse
166 posts

Kazak wrote:
It was the same 6 months ago. It'll be the same 6 months from now. It's a free forum. People can and do post what they want. Add in the people who intend to troll (about which really nothing can be done), and it becomes a playground sometimes. Huffing off because the content you want is not at the top of the page seems a little, frankly, weak. Be the change you wish to see?

I'm not huffing off, Slappy. I'm saying that the forum is littered w/ bullshit. And, if people can do and post what they want, I should be within MY boundaries to say it's annoying, and while I'm at it, that YOU have "web balls"!

May 05, 2011, 13:49

GaryB2
GaryB2
2327 posts

This really is a great forum for music, but you need to self filter! It's an unmoderated forum and it shows (sometimes).

May 05, 2011, 13:52

microbehunter
microbehunter
626 posts

I am also in Drama-Queen mode today. My topic is back on page 3, I'm in a huff - gonna kick the "office jerk" on my out of the building and never return. Or I might be in a better mood tomorrow.

May 05, 2011, 13:53

Icepulse
Icepulse
166 posts

microbehunter wrote:
I am also in Drama-Queen mode today. My topic is back on page 3, I'm in a huff - gonna kick the "office jerk" on my out of the building and never return. Or I might be in a better mood tomorrow.

OK, OK.

All I'm saying is that, on day one, it seemed like this was a pretty hip forum, which kinda reflects my image of what Stereolab fans are. It was refreshing.

Once it turned to world politics, it devolved rapidly into some pretty long-winded rhetoric, and revealed a surprising amount of immature (and ill-informed) contributions. Considering the politics espoused by the groop themselves, I expected more.

That's all. Just because I made a point, doesn't mean I'm huffing.

May 05, 2011, 14:18

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

A rose by any other name...

May 05, 2011, 14:21

Icepulse
Icepulse
166 posts

Kazak wrote:
A rose by any other name...

Just the kind of reply I'd expect from a prick!

:0

May 05, 2011, 14:26

Pages: 7 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index