Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Log In
-Register
This is getting old.
Log In to post a reply
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

microbehunter
microbehunter
626 posts

Re: This is getting old.

JS wrote:

Icepulse, In case you haven't found out by yourself already, Cheeso, Squirrel M. Nutter and Rael are aliases for the same asshole. He probably uses other aliases too.

He is the main destructive force on this forum.



dumbassreturn, sluss77 and bote fall into the same alias category.

Sad state of affairs here are predictable when males outnumber females on a small message board 10-1. Observe children playing in a communal park sandpit. The girls are chatty, play nicely together and there is plenty of laughter. A boy can't resist throwing sand into an unsuspecting victim's face. And the snotty-nosed crybaby who started it (Cheeso et al...) is the first to run to momma when somebody retaliates.

I'm outta here.

May 07, 2011, 11:55


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Re: This is getting old.

Icepulse wrote:
I joined the forum to talk about Stereolab, music and art in general. Bin Laden get popped, and it's big news, I understand. But now, these topics are dominating the board, to the point where a Stereolab topic I posted gets pushed to the second page, in favor of more idiotic political grand-standing (most of which shows a disconcerting lack of intelligence, I might add).

I'll check back in 6 months.

Disappointing.


I am with you 100%.
I have not read the 7 pages of replies (too boring) but I am sure a few people will have jumped at you.

May 07, 2011, 19:20


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Icepulse
Icepulse
166 posts

Re: This is getting old.

I like to discuss the finer things, but my flapping gums are the last thing a smart-ass ever hears, if they decide to bust some snide and combative remarks. I never ever give up, and I'm notorious for embarrassing even the most caustic and tenacious loudmouths.

But I rather discuss beauty!

May 07, 2011, 19:48


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Re: This is getting old.

Beauty. Yes, I agree. But probably "the eccentrics" will not be with you on what you consider beautiful or they will start moaning about the concept. One of the phrases I read more often on this forum is "to each their on".
I personally believe that beauty is objective in most cases. Or, at least, an unusual but calculated combination of factors or caracteristics normally not associated with beauty has to occur to achieve it.
Taste can vary, but to me, for example, who considers SEX PISTOLS musically beautiful (let's forget for the sake of this example the historical importance that band might have) and STEREOLAB not beautiful has not got a clue about art.
Don't get me wrong, I don't but you can still like SEX PISTOLS; just don't say they are beautiful!
Like in sex: one can have a fetish for something normally classified as weird and disgusting, but should be aware of the pecularity of his/her taste.

Going back to the waste of space that stupid threads cause, it's like when I search something on youtube and I have to go through pages and pages of junk in order to find what I need: I can filter as much as you like, particularly with a bit of experience, but it still makes me loose time. And it is all due to the people who don't post video in a correct or relevant way.

May 07, 2011, 20:17


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Icepulse
Icepulse
166 posts

Re: This is getting old.

velvetwater wrote:
Beauty. Yes, I agree. But probably "the eccentrics" will not be with you on what you consider beautiful or they will start moaning about the concept. One of the phrases I read more often on this forum is "to each their on".
I personally believe that beauty is objective in most cases. Or, at least, an unusual but calculated combination of factors or caracteristics normally not associated with beauty has to occur to achieve it.
Taste can vary, but to me, for example, who considers SEX PISTOLS musically beautiful (let's forget for the sake of this example the historical importance that band might have) and STEREOLAB not beautiful has not got a clue about art.
Don't get me wrong, I don't but you can still like SEX PISTOLS; just don't say they are beautiful!
Like in sex: one can have a fetish for something normally classified as weird and disgusting, but should be aware of the pecularity of his/her taste.

Going back to the waste of space that stupid threads cause, it's like when I search something on youtube and I have to go through pages and pages of junk in order to find what I need: I can filter as much as you like, particularly with a bit of experience, but it still makes me loose time. And it is all due to the people who don't post video in a correct or relevant way.


Hold on. I have to rent a dementia-stricken toucan to act as translator.

Just kiddin'!!

May 07, 2011, 20:28


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2784 posts

Re: This is getting old.

velvetwater wrote:
...
I personally believe that beauty is objective...
way.


Art is never going to be objective. Math, science, yes. Art? Hmmmm... No.

May 09, 2011, 03:42


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Icepulse
Icepulse
166 posts

Re: This is getting old.

Mu Mu wrote:
velvetwater wrote:
...
I personally believe that beauty is objective...
way.


Art is never going to be objective. Math, science, yes. Art? Hmmmm... No.



I guess what he's saying is that if he sees something that he considers beautiful, and you don't see it that way, you're WRONG. Simple as that.

I respect the position, because it's pointless to go around pre-cursing every statement of aesthetic preference with the phrase "in my opinion...". Well, naturally. It goes without saying. But in his opinion, if you don't see it his way, you're wrong! What's the point of having a critical eye (ear), if you tell yourself "Well, SOMEONE likes it, so it must be good on some level!".

I guess it's all semantics.

May 09, 2011, 10:27


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

_Rael_
13 posts

Re: This is getting old.

Icepulse wrote:
I joined the forum to talk about Stereolab, music and art in general. Bin Laden get popped, and it's big news, I understand. But now, these topics are dominating the board, to the point where a Stereolab topic I posted gets pushed to the second page, in favor of more idiotic political grand-standing (most of which shows a disconcerting lack of intelligence, I might add).

I'll check back in 6 months.

Disappointing.


LOL so let me get this straight, you were pouting in the corner because nobody would play you, so you were gonna take your ball and run home after having a tantrum? All because an international news headline got more attention than your thread about a 16 year old album and an art exhibit most people here did not get the chance to see? What a fucking PUSSY!!!!

Jun 08, 2011, 04:18

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index