Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
URGENT: Suggestions for a blues mix CD needed!
48 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Dara
Dara
905 posts

URGENT: Suggestions for a blues mix CD needed!

I am trying to make a blues mix CD for a good friend of mine as a birthday present. It was his birthday yesterday (hence the urgent bit). I know the Lab don't do blues but there are sometimes blues references buried deep in their tapestry of sound methinks.

He is into blues roots Leadbelly, Howlin' Wolf, Bessie Smith, John Lee Hooker etc etc - you know, the greats - but he is drivin' his missus crazy with Jimi Hendrix pure blues stuff at the moment so I guess stuff from the 70s is also a possibility - (the likes of Blind Faith, Cream, Yardbirds and so on).

The idea is to make a longlist then see if a theme emerges, and shortlist on the basis of that theme - then select the final 15 - 25 songs depending on length.

Final selection promised to all contributors in some form or another - and maybe we could persuade the Lab fraternity or our fantastically talented pool of Forum musicians to do covers - hmmm not a bad idea that...

But I would like to send it next week so ASAP would be very much appreciated...

thanks a million.

May 11, 2011, 19:25

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: