Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
A HEARTFELT APOLOGY TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: A HEARTFELT APOLOGY TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS

You are a card. Almost an enjoyable troll :)

May 17, 2011, 13:06

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Icepulse
Icepulse
166 posts

microbehunter wrote:
A preposterous 70s prog concept-album... it's upper-class toff participant's are rightly embarassed of all these years later.

Have you tried Yes's double-opus 'Tales From Topographic Oceans' ? Side 4's Ritual - Nous Sommes Du Soleil is particularly uplifting.

Funny to disparage The Lamb, then follow it up w/ praise for the most overblown prog nightmare ever committed to wax, TfTO. Gabriel is 10x the lyricist that Jon Anderson is.

I will say, though, that the 3 albums preceding the lamb are far superior.

May 17, 2011, 13:50

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

The Lamb is a great album.
I know I am new to quality music, considering that up to yesterday I didn't even enjoy the best Stereolab records, Cobra for example, and I take this opportunity to apologize for being such an idiot. But I think that Topographic Ocean is not so great.
Having said that, now that I have converted, I can say that both Yes and Genesis had a great run of albums in their early years.
I have recently discovered A Fish Out Of Water, the 1975 Chris Squire (Yes bass player) album and it is excellent.

May 17, 2011, 14:03

Icepulse
Icepulse
166 posts

velvetwater wrote:
The Lamb is a great album.
I know I am new to quality music, considering that up to yesterday I didn't even enjoy the best Stereolab records, Cobra for example, and I take this opportunity to apologize for being such an idiot. But I think that Topographic Ocean is not so great.
Having said that, now that I have converted, I can say that both Yes and Genesis had a great run of albums in their early years.
I have recently discovered A Fish Out Of Water, the 1975 Chris Squire (Yes bass player) album and it is excellent.

That is a great one. There's an album called "The Steve Howe Album" which is really good, if you can get past the most laughable attempt at vocals by Howe himself. Positively awful!!

Check out "Fossil Poets" by Roger Powell. A great, recent album by Utopia's keyboardist.

Just a suggestion.

May 17, 2011, 14:11

Chees0
Chees0
37 posts

Velvet, I know we had our musical disagreements in the past, but there is no need to take the piss out of me this time.
I know very well you like Cobra so I understand you are trying to write as if you were me.
I know it sound strange that I have turned a new leaf, but I swear I am genuine.
So please give me a chance.

May 17, 2011, 14:13

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Chees0 wrote:
Velvet, I know we had our musical disagreements in the past, but there is no need to take the piss out of me this time.
I know very well you like Cobra so I understand you are trying to write as if you were me.
I know it sound strange that I have turned a new leaf, but I swear I am genuine.
So please give me a chance.

Ok, it was cheap of me :-)
Obviously anyone that knows me a little, couldn't possibly believe that I was serious. But it was too tempting to mock your style.

I doubt this is the real Cheeso, but whoever he or she is, this guy is hilarious!
Anyway, I really think that Genesis and Yes were great bands in their golden days.

May 17, 2011, 14:19

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Icepulse wrote:

That is a great one. There's an album called "The Steve Howe Album" which is really good, if you can get past the most laughable attempt at vocals by Howe himself. Positively awful!!

Check out "Fossil Poets" by Roger Powell. A great, recent album by Utopia's keyboardist.

Just a suggestion. [/quote]

Yes, I know that Steve Howe's album.
And the previous one, BEGINNINGS, as well.
If you can tolerate the singing (there is a lot of it) I think that BEGINNINGS is a better album. Wisely, in the follow up he doesn't sing so much and I think the best track is the one sung by Claire Hammill.
Is the Roger Powell's new effort really worth investigating?

May 17, 2011, 14:25

Icepulse
Icepulse
166 posts

I think so. It's more intriguing to me than the last several Todd records, for the simple reason that Roger knows that simple maxim; "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything"!

Anyway, it's very innovative.

May 17, 2011, 14:32

Chees0
Chees0
37 posts

hito wrote:
You are a card. Almost an enjoyable troll :)

What is a card?
If I am than play with me.
I promise I will be not as rotten as before.
I can see already that you guys are split: some believe me (icepulse and microbehunter), some don't (velvetwater and you).
But why can't I be real? Or Real? Or Rael_?
Anyone can change. Even somebody with multiple user names, even somebody who trolls with himself.
Don't you like my new figurine?
It farts love that smells nice.
It's all mainly for you.
I am sorry. I AM SORRY!!!

May 17, 2011, 14:41

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Icepulse wrote:
I think so. It's more intriguing to me than the last several Todd records, for the simple reason that Roger knows that simple maxim; "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything"!

Anyway, it's very innovative.

I'll give it a try then, thanks!
I love Todd Rundgren, until HEALING that is.
But I think that, like Genesis and Yes (and many others) he gave his best in the first half of the 70's.

May 17, 2011, 14:48

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index