Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
A HEARTFELT APOLOGY TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Icepulse
Icepulse
166 posts

Re: A HEARTFELT APOLOGY TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS

velvetwater wrote:
Icepulse wrote:
I think so. It's more intriguing to me than the last several Todd records, for the simple reason that Roger knows that simple maxim; "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything"!

Anyway, it's very innovative.

I'll give it a try then, thanks!
I love Todd Rundgren, until HEALING that is.
But I think that, like Genesis and Yes (and many others) he gave his best in the first half of the 70's.

I saw his "Todd / Healing" albums tour, in April, and it was the greatest show I've ever seen him give... And I've seen him about 10-11 times.

May 17, 2011, 14:54

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

microbehunter
microbehunter
626 posts

Icepulse wrote:

Funny to disparage The Lamb, then follow it up w/ praise for the most overblown prog nightmare ever committed to wax, TfTO. Gabriel is 10x the lyricist that Jon Anderson is.

I will say, though, that the 3 albums preceding the lamb are far superior.

Is it young IcePurse's 'time of the month' again ?

Was a gentle touch of ribbing going down here, somebody is taking this waaaay too seriously....

On topic ... I used to love ALL of this stuff, TLLDOB right up there. Woke up one day and suddenly much it became unlistenable. It happens no, something clicks and you move on. Maybe I discovered "the funk" or something.

May 17, 2011, 14:56

Icepulse
Icepulse
166 posts

"Healing" is a magnificent piece of work.

May 17, 2011, 14:56

Icepulse
Icepulse
166 posts

microbehunter wrote:
Icepulse wrote:

Funny to disparage The Lamb, then follow it up w/ praise for the most overblown prog nightmare ever committed to wax, TfTO. Gabriel is 10x the lyricist that Jon Anderson is.

I will say, though, that the 3 albums preceding the lamb are far superior.

Is it young IcePurse's 'time of the month' again ?

Was a gentle touch of ribbing going down here, somebody is taking this waaaay too seriously....

On topic ... I used to love ALL of this stuff, TLLDOB right up there. Woke up one day and suddenly much it became unlistenable. It happens no, something clicks and you move on. Maybe I discovered "the funk" or something.

I don't get your inference, but I agree that the Lamb is over-rated.

May 17, 2011, 15:00

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Icepulse wrote:

I saw his "Todd / Healing" albums tour, in April, and it was the greatest show I've ever seen him give... And I've seen him about 10-11 times.

I wish he came to London with this!
I saw the A WIZARD A TRUE STAR concert last year (or was it the year before?) and it was great.
Pity that the first part of the show (TODD RUNDGREN'S JOHNSON) was not so good.
I also hope he will record an album in the vein of his early ones (RUNT, BALLAD and SOMETHING/ANYTHING) with nice vintage equipment, rather than the recent awfully sounding ARENA and LIARS.

May 17, 2011, 15:42

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

microbehunter wrote:

I know what you mean, it can happen.
I did not listen to prog-rock for years when I was in my "indie" phase (thanks to that I discovered Stereolab), but then I got back to it and I still like a lot of albums in this genre.
I really think THE LAMB is one of the best.
I bought the cd/dvd edition that includes all the visuals Genesis used at the time when they presented the work live and they really enhance the experience: you can hear the album and watch the slides at the same time, along with pictures and clips of the live show thrown in.
Besides, I love "the funk" too!

May 17, 2011, 15:49

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

Was that the best picture of a horse you could find, icepulse?

May 17, 2011, 16:01

microbehunter
microbehunter
626 posts

piss off Chuck

May 17, 2011, 16:03

Icepulse
Icepulse
166 posts

Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
Was that the best picture of a horse you could find, icepulse?

I see your attention span isn't even functional enough to go from image to text w/o fucking up, mouth-breather!! Hahaha!!

That's not my avatar. Pull your head out of your ass.

May 17, 2011, 16:12

Icepulse
Icepulse
166 posts

Good to see you back, Squirril. Why the hiatus? Did you get a month of solitary for throwing your pudding cup @ the orderly?? I feel you. I hate when they steal my string, too.

May 17, 2011, 16:17

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index