Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
A HEARTFELT APOLOGY TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

Re: A HEARTFELT APOLOGY TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS

I've never listened to any of that Peter Gabriel era Genesis, (or any Genesis really,) what's the good album?

May 17, 2011, 16:22

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Icepulse
Icepulse
166 posts

DevastatorJr. wrote:
I've never listened to any of that Peter Gabriel era Genesis, (or any Genesis really,) what's the good album?

I'm going to say "Foxtrot", "Nursery Cryme" and most especially "Selling England By The Pound". That's my favorite, but they're all good.

"Trespass" is good too.

May 17, 2011, 16:27

microbehunter
microbehunter
626 posts

DevastatorJr. wrote:

You might be better asking Icepurse or some other prog expert. Personally I wouldn't touch this dated music with a barge-pole. It's leaden, stodgy and about as sexy as a skunk breaking wind.

May 17, 2011, 16:39

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1218 posts

Icepulse wrote:
Good to see you back, Squirril. Why the hiatus? Did you get a month of solitary for throwing your pudding cup @ the orderly?? I feel you. I hate when they steal my string, too.

Can all y'all just shut the fuck up? I'm not just talking to you, Ice, I'm talking to all the bickering idiots.

I'd love to sit here and geek out about music. I'd love to debate anyone who thinks that Yes ever managed to make decent music without Eddie Offord... but this childish nonesense is really getting on my nerves.

Please stop.

May 17, 2011, 16:41

Icepulse
Icepulse
166 posts

deadlyfingers wrote:
Icepulse wrote:
Good to see you back, Squirril. Why the hiatus? Did you get a month of solitary for throwing your pudding cup @ the orderly?? I feel you. I hate when they steal my string, too.

Can all y'all just shut the fuck up? I'm not just talking to you, Ice, I'm talking to all the bickering idiots.

I'd love to sit here and geek out about music. I'd love to debate anyone who thinks that Yes ever managed to make decent music without Eddie Offord... but this childish nonesense is really getting on my nerves.

Please stop.

Then VAPORIZE, punk!

May 17, 2011, 16:47

Icepulse
Icepulse
166 posts

deadlyfingers wrote:
Icepulse wrote:

Please stop.

Oohhh. Wait. Sorry, man. I thought you were a Squirrel alter-ego. Didn't mean to toss that at you.

But read back and realize that I didn't do a thing until I took shit first. I mean, what do you suggest? Just let dick-headed attacks fly by without response? Is that how you'd handle it?

May 17, 2011, 17:01

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

DevastatorJr. wrote:

Definitely SELLING ENGLAND BY THE POUND, like icepulse rightly suggested.
But I would choose LAMB LIES DOWN ON BROADWAY over the other albums, which are nice too though.

May 17, 2011, 17:08

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
635 posts

I second (or third actually) the recommendation of "Selling England By The Pound". Another Gabriel/Hackett era favorite is "Nursery Cryme". From post-Gabriel, but still Hackett-era, "A Trick of the Tail" is my favorite.

May 17, 2011, 17:21

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

doo doo

May 17, 2011, 17:31

corporalclegg
corporalclegg
501 posts

Any of the Genesis records '72-'77 are top notch. Not a bad apple in the bunch. I rarely ever listen to them anymore but I'd probably go with "Selling England By The Pound" as my favorite especially production wise.

May 17, 2011, 17:39

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index