Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
A HEARTFELT APOLOGY TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS
64 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Icepulse
Icepulse
166 posts

Re: A HEARTFELT APOLOGY TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS

microbehunter wrote:
DevastatorJr. wrote:
I've never listened to any of that Peter Gabriel era Genesis, (or any Genesis really,) what's the good album?

You might be better asking Icepurse or some other prog expert. Personally I wouldn't touch this dated music with a barge-pole. It's leaden, stodgy and about as sexy as a skunk breaking wind.

But everything is dated, from Genesis to the Ramones to Stereolab.

Genesis was a lot more flavorful than Yes, though IMHO, because Gabriel was a lot less about New-age mystical shit, and a lot more conscious of his society. A lot like Stereolab, actually. Hence "Selling England By The Pound".

I would recommend that record to anyone who otherwise finds prog to be absurd. That, and KC's "Larks Tongues In Aspic".

I find most prog to be stilted and noodling, but like most sub-genres, there's always a few rubies in the lard.

Look at Gabriel. He always was on the bleeding edge of music, unlike Jon Anderson, who still flounces around in a poet's shirt and sings about trees.

May 17, 2011, 19:30

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: