Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Meghan McCain and Stereolab: What Is Going on Here?
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Jasonspaceman
Jasonspaceman
327 posts
Oct 02, 2008, 22:41

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Re: Meghan McCain and Stereolab: What Is Going on Here?

*groan*

Oct 02, 2008, 23:07

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Wow, that's interesting.

I saw Meghan for the first time on a late night talk show a couple weeks ago, and she was somewhat enjoyable, although obviously there are some things I completely disagree with (like how she's endorsing her dad). But there were other good things she said, too... like, she used to be an independant and she voted for John Kerry in 2004. And she said Chelsea Clinton was a class act all the way, that she really liked her (which is interesting in light of her daddy McCain making some really ugly inappropriate jokes about Chelsea before).

I think we should go to her blog & post talkback and ask her if she realizes the true meaning of the song. :)

Oct 02, 2008, 23:13

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Dammit! There is no easy way to give feedback that I can see... just a Contact Us page. :(

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

Oct 02, 2008, 23:18

givan22
2 posts

Imagine if Stereolab was played at a John McCain rally! They would have to sue. Bizarre!

Oct 02, 2008, 23:19

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Or at least send a Cease & Decist letter, like Heart did for them playing Barracuda.

I'm not sure if they're right, but somebody was telling me that the law is strange... just because you get the rights to a song, doesn't necessarily mean that you have the rights to play that band's performance of the song. So, if they did somehow get the rights to Barracuda, maybe if Palin was the one to sing it, it might have worked. :)

Oct 02, 2008, 23:31

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

i think she's supporting her dad's campaign because it would be harder NOT to... i think she's also the one who, when McCain didn't seem to stand a chance, had Obama as a friend on her myspace account...

i think she's well aware of 'ping pong's meaning -- perhaps this is her way of saying how she really feels about things...

but then again, maybe she does take the sarcasm seriously...

wow, what a conundrum...

Oct 02, 2008, 23:36

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

She's probably taking the song literally...There's only millions that lose their jobs and homes! (when you vote for McCain)

Oct 02, 2008, 23:51

raygun suitcase
6 posts

No idea but I'm offended by this. Desperate greedy a**holes. The song and Slab's music is not there to die a cliche death.

Oct 03, 2008, 00:42

MolecularMan
1 posts

I'm sorry, but I love this. So many people on this site (and liberals in general) act as if they are the most intelligent, cultured, tolerant people on the planet. Then, when confronted by something outside their comfort zone, respond with a knee-jerk reaction typical of your average football fan. Stereolab sell their music to the world, and anyone is perfectly free to buy and listen to their music irrespective of your approval. I am very much conservative and yet I listen to the Lab and there is nothing you can do about it! Chew on that for a while.

Oct 03, 2008, 04:41

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index