Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Meghan McCain and Stereolab: What Is Going on Here?
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
634 posts

Re: Meghan McCain and Stereolab: What Is Going on Here?

MolecularMan wrote:
I'm sorry, but I love this. So many people on this site (and liberals in general) act as if they are the most intelligent, cultured, tolerant people on the planet. Then, when confronted by something outside their comfort zone, respond with a knee-jerk reaction typical of your average football fan. Stereolab sell their music to the world, and anyone is perfectly free to buy and listen to their music irrespective of your approval. I am very much conservative and yet I listen to the Lab and there is nothing you can do about it! Chew on that for a while.

That fact doesn't provoke a knee-jerk reaction in me, but you can't escape considering that it's unlikely that someone like Meghan McCain only listens to the song for the music. The song's lyrics are too outstanding to ignore. Thus, all the doubts as per whether Meghan is a closet leftie or immune to sarcasm are pretty legitimate in my book.

Oct 03, 2008, 10:41

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover *bow wow*
Mars Rover *bow wow*
92 posts

Did anyone say that she was not allowed to listen to Stereolab? i think the debate is on whether she understands it or not...

Oct 03, 2008, 14:30

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

Hmm...I sort of suspect her blog is actually being ghostwritten by some tuned in hipster, (so many obscure remixes,) and this was slipped in there without her knowledge.

Oct 03, 2008, 14:52

motoroller
79 posts

Yay torture! Maybe since all conservatives love torture, maybe the lyrics about bloody wars being all right really get them off. That must be it.

Oct 03, 2008, 15:32

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Yeah, she's probably all like:

"You go pops, tell' em! SHUT UP! SIT DOWN!" etc

8 )

Oct 03, 2008, 22:22

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5914 posts

MolecularMan wrote:
I'm sorry, but I love this. So many people on this site (and liberals in general) act as if they are the most intelligent, cultured, tolerant people on the planet. Then, when confronted by something outside their comfort zone, respond with a knee-jerk reaction typical of your average football fan. Stereolab sell their music to the world, and anyone is perfectly free to buy and listen to their music irrespective of your approval. I am very much conservative and yet I listen to the Lab and there is nothing you can do about it! Chew on that for a while.

Sounds like you're stereotyping and generalizing about people to me. I thought they were talking about the lyrics in that song and what she might have thought of them. And I wonder... what do you think of Laetitia's lyrics?

Oct 04, 2008, 08:03

allyourrushingwaves
allyourrushingwaves
219 posts

tbh Laetitia's lyric's sound like they've been written by a 5 year old who's read about America.

Oct 04, 2008, 09:43

Mars Rover *bow wow*
Mars Rover *bow wow*
92 posts

allyourrushingwaves wrote:
tbh Laetitia's lyric's sound like they've been written by a 5 year old who's read about America.

What? Why do you think that? What songs are specifically about America? She references "society" a lot.

Oct 04, 2008, 14:13

seveninches
seveninches
95 posts

funny, laeticia actually talked about this on stage in nyc (final show, 10/4). couldn't make out what she was saying other than "meg-an mc-cain... blog..."

i guess someone in the band reads pitchfork? or maybe martin, being the awesome manager he is, reads all of their press?

Oct 06, 2008, 23:03

seveninches
seveninches
95 posts

laetitia, oops. i used the ghetto spelling!

Oct 06, 2008, 23:04

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index