Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Stereolab at the height of their fame?
52 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

microbehunter
microbehunter
626 posts

Re: Stereolab at the height of their fame?

Dots and Loops, and it's subsequent tour ? I seem to recall Stereolab threatening Oasis and Blur for world domination.

My 90s introduction Stereolab and a few others was through listening to the BBCs London Live. A fabulous evening/night radio station, it's rooster of DJs treating us to contemporary, krautrock, prog, fusion, jazz and hip-hop. I seem to recall a rather delectable-sounding female hostess giving the lab plenty of air-time on her wednesday evening slot. All of this on a commercial radio station. These were of course different economic times: a veritable gold-rush of easy credit with everybody getting rich. Plenty of slack in the market-place for innovative and creative art to show it's face - if you looked hard enough.

The corporate world teaches us these good things must come to an end. London live was hijacked and became a sad 24 hour talkshop/sports bulletin/phone-in hosted by the likes of the painfully unfunny Danny Baker.

S-Club 7 were 'the lab' of the teeny-bop market. Tim and Laetitia could now have been enjoying middle age: as smiley, happy-clappy presenters on morning breakfast television.

May 19, 2011, 06:49

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: