Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
A little monkey business
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

whisperscream
whisperscream
174 posts

A little monkey business

Dec 15, 2008, 19:08

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: A little monkey business

Sweet! Let me rent that monkey so it can clean up over here! At least after it throws shit around, it'll gently clean its hands with a white cloth.

Dec 16, 2008, 00:50

wracket
wracket
1427 posts

I love orangutans, and have often been amazed by their capacity for (and interest in) replicating human behavior. Thanks for the video!

PS : It's not a monkey! Monkeys have tails.

Dec 16, 2008, 07:57

whisperscream
whisperscream
174 posts

yes, they are apes. the common phraseology used is ?monkey business? which is used to describe sometimes human activities. chimpanzees are the closet evolutionary cousin to humans with very similar strands of DNA. there is a video out there I?ve been searching for showing an elder chimp looking both ways down the jungle road (where there is a problem with speeding vehicles, that being treacherous to wildlife). he makes sure the way is safe and motions with his hand for the group of younger chimps to now cross the road, it is safe. they proceed in single file to safely cross the road.

Dec 16, 2008, 14:27

wracket
wracket
1427 posts

My "PS" was aimed more at labhead's response than the OP. Not that it really matters, anyway...in French they make no real distinction between monkeys and apes (apes being just "big monkeys" to them).

Dec 16, 2008, 18:23

labadore
labadore
88 posts

I am sitting here eating a banana with a balding spot on the back of my head. Also, some monkey business would be a good idea tonight provided I do my honey do jobs.

Dec 16, 2008, 20:41

wracket
wracket
1427 posts

labadore wrote:
...some monkey business would be a good idea tonight provided I do my honey do jobs.

Be careful, those honey do-jobs can be tricksy.

*shrug*

Dec 16, 2008, 23:52