Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
here?s to the power of 3
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

whisperscream
whisperscream
174 posts

here?s to the power of 3

the number 3 appears in many varied ways in our lives:

the holy trinity ? father, son and holy ghost

the three wisemen

?three women?

mathematics power of pi 3.14

third time is a charm

three is a crowd

the conjunction of venus, jupiter and the moon made a smiley face

what else? what about the significance of another number of your choice?

Dec 18, 2008, 17:01

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Three...

...is a magic number. Yes, it is.

Dec 18, 2008, 17:10

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Re: here?s to the power of 3

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap081205.html

Dec 18, 2008, 18:28

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

I've always been fascinated by the synchronisness of the number 9, I mean 3 to the power of 3...wow. And there's 23...well, we won't go there.

Dec 18, 2008, 18:31

labadore
labadore
88 posts

Hey,I'm sittng here eating a 3 Musketeers candy bar!

Dec 18, 2008, 20:36

Booklover
Booklover
680 posts

Dec 18, 2008, 23:47

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Wow, sounds great. Not heard that for a long time. Takes me back to long drawn out sundays, with friends, drinking and trying not to think about work the next day!

Dec 19, 2008, 00:05

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Three is a Magic Number

GaryB wrote:
...is a magic number. Yes, it is.

Dec 19, 2008, 01:49

wracket
wracket
1425 posts

Kazak wrote:
I've always been fascinated by the synchronisness of the number 9, I mean 3 to the power of 3...wow.

Umm, that's 27. If we want to be specific!

I am really into prime numbers. Or rather prime gaps (sequences of consecutive non-prime numbers). Like 140-146, for example.

Dec 19, 2008, 01:56

wracket
wracket
1425 posts

Er, that should've been 140-148. Though I don't know why I chose that series...am I geeky enough to have personal favorites?!

Dec 19, 2008, 02:07

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index