Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
For The Love Of Records Don't Buy Vinyl From Amazon!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

For The Love Of Records Don't Buy Vinyl From Amazon!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought Chemical Chords on vinyl as I only had it on cd, it was just £9.99 so I thought bargain!! Flipping Heck Man how wrong I was, the packaging was dreadful, the box was big enough to fit 12 Lps in and was stuffed with some kind of tissue paper to fill the huge gaps.
Now to the records, both of the inner sleeves had splits in them as if they had been shaken hard, there were fingerprints on the actual vinyl itself and to top it all both Lps were warped slightly (this was a new item)
It was the first time I'd bought vinyl from Amazon, never again, and now I have the inconvenience of returning it.
Has anyone else had similar experiences with Amazon or any other company for that matter when it comes to vinyl, name and shame them so we can avoid them, love to all Joe.

Jun 15, 2011, 03:34

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: For The Love Of Records Don't Buy Vinyl From Amazon!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, that's crazy. I love Amazon, but I've never bought vinyl from them (yet). It was listed as New, right? Did you have it shipped across a border where perhaps customs agents opened and mangled it? That happened to me a couple times where they destroyed presents (like a picture frame) that were shipped from the USA to Denmark.

Jun 15, 2011, 14:25

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

I've never had any problem with them, either. Have had the thing with the enormous boxes, though - more than once. Got a wall calender for a present from them and it was packed in a box that was so big that I could have got into.

Jun 15, 2011, 14:42

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

They're also very good with returns, so e-mail them about it and they'll most likely send another.

Jun 15, 2011, 14:57

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

I've bought plenty of vinyl from them and haven't really run into much trouble, honestly. They do use large boxes every now and then, but all my records have always been well packed in them. They did piss me off by selling Kerrier District 2 (2 platters) as individual platters. I ordered KD2 and only got the first platter, bitched and moaned, and finally realized they sold them individually, wtf!!

Jun 15, 2011, 15:17

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

Often times, Amazon sells for 3rd parties.

Jun 15, 2011, 15:43

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5939 posts

Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
Often times, Amazon sells for 3rd parties.

Yeah I was wondering about that. But their idiosyncrasy of sometimes using the wrong size shipping box is an amazon thing. As is gift wrap, their giant blue bag has been known to ship with really small things inside.

Jun 15, 2011, 17:17

baseRelief
baseRelief
45 posts

I cannot remember having a problem. Cute shorts on the UPS guy, though!

Jun 15, 2011, 17:19

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Yeah it was listed as new and was sold by Amazon themselves, and no borders were crossed as it was all done within the U.K. I'm a prime customer so it arrived within 24 hours of ordering, the whole experience was pretty dissapointing really.....

Jun 15, 2011, 19:20

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Oh yeah to be fair they are very good with returns and I should have another copy tomorrow, let's see if it's any better, I'll let you know.
I've not had problems with them before and I've used them for many years now but always just cds dvds or books, if the replacement is no good then I think it'll put me off for life, at least as far as vinyl goes anyway, cheers Joe

Jun 15, 2011, 19:26

Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index