Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Glasgow
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Glasgow

The groop were brilliant in Glasgow on Tuesday, the best I've seen them since the Sound Dust tour!

I was so terribly excited and happy throughout the show, even though I already had a rough idea of how the set would run. Managed to get centre stage, about three rows from the front, where although the crowd was mostly fairly static, at least a few people were bobbing around a bit, allowing me to induldge in a bit of shuffling-around-pointy-finger-half-dancing, facilitated by a secret pre-gig carry-out in work and the occasional slug from a friend's hip-flask. Although as mentioned in the post about Manchester, Laetitia's dancing was supremely groovy and much better than mine 8P

The new songs really came alive on stage, indeed "Chemical Chords", "The Ecstatic Static" and "Valley Hi!" were three of my favourites from the set. "Mountain" was awesome, as were "Double Rocker" and "The Emergency Kisses". My only disappointment with the set was they finished on "Stomach Worm" rather than "Jenny Ondioline", but you can't have everything I guess. Anyway, you probably all know the setlist already, although I was surprised to read "Metronomic Underground" was played in Manchester?! Our setlist was pretty much the same as the others you will have read, except we didn't get "Cybele's Reverie". The show seemed to go down really well, I think the groop looked genuinely surprised by the sheer volume of the hollering for an encore. Hopefully they realise strength of the love for the 'lab North of the border, and come back soon (that was the first show here since Margerine Eclipse tour). Ideally next year after the release of the "night" CC!

Overall a brilliant night. Viva le Stereolab!

I met GaryB briefly in my mad dash for the cloakroom / bus, hello Gary! How come you haven't posted anything about the gig? Thoughts on the show?

8 )

Dec 19, 2008, 21:21

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Re: Glasgow

Hobobachang wrote:
How come you haven't posted anything about the gig? Thoughts on the show?

Er, I don't really know. I was thinking about what I might say, but the moment was kinda lost when Manchester & London chat started appearing! :)

It was my first 'Lab gig so I was always going to love it, but I think I loved it more than I thought possible. I was surprised at so many things - how great the venue was, how big the crowd was, how delighted the groop seemed to be at the sheer delight in the crowd, how LOUD they were, and how tremendous all the songs sounded live.

I was most surprised at Laetitia. I have seen videos/footage on TV/youtube etc and she always seems to be super serious....well she must have been taking happy pills on Tuesday or something. She kinda 'mesmerised' me. God I must sound like a gimp :)

Fave tunes were Percolator, John Cage Bubblegum, Ping Pong, Neon Beanbag & Stomach Worm.

Metronomic Underground would've been nice mind. Maybe next time. Laetitia did say "see you soon".

*thinks wishfully*

Dec 19, 2008, 22:41

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Glasgow pictures

Thanks to whoever took these!

8 )

Dec 20, 2008, 19:28

revox
revox
800 posts

Re: Glasgow pictures

Hobobachang wrote:

Thanks to whoever took these!

8 )

Blaaady Hell!
This is Laetitia?!
Blaaady Hell!
Cripes, what a minx when she smiles - never EVER looked at her like this before. God, I feel a bit like the time I first ever saw a picture of a mate's mum in a bikini, aahhh, stay, run away, I'm confused, so confused.

~8^)>

Nice pics, thanks.

Jan 08, 2009, 09:41