Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
one man bands
Pages: 5 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

xperceptor
xperceptor
337 posts

one man bands

Panda Bear has recently caught my interest. Most of what I have listened to of his is very creative, but can become rather monotonous before the end of the songs. However, there are some jewels like this song that I listen to quite often. You got a one man band you like?

Jun 21, 2011, 15:27

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

Re: one man bands

give "Person Pitch" a shot. it's stunning. his latest is good, but I haven't really gotten into any of the tracks except "Slow Motion."

Jun 21, 2011, 15:32

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

xperceptor wrote:
You got a one man band you like?

Why our own Stereo Mouse aka Multiphonic Rodent, of course:
http://www.stereolab.co.uk/forum/stereolab/topic/2736/threaded/31071

also three of the four sides of Todd Rundgren's classic double album Something/Anthing were all played and sung by him - a wonderful, sparkling record:

Jun 21, 2011, 16:00

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Jun 21, 2011, 16:25

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

[quote="xperceptor"] You got a one man band you like?

i used to really dig mice parade when he was a one man band... his creative peak was the album 'ramda'.

http://grooveshark.com/s/Ramda+Flies+With+Magic+Eyes/1s6Oli?src=5

then he became a more-than-one-man-band and his output got drastically less interesting -- go figure...

Jun 21, 2011, 17:50

xperceptor
xperceptor
337 posts

Harold Bissonette wrote:
xperceptor wrote:
You got a one man band you like?

Why our own Stereo Mouse aka Multiphonic Rodent, of course:
http://www.stereolab.co.uk/forum/stereolab/topic/2736/threaded/31071

also three of the four sides of Todd Rundgren's classic double album Something/Anthing were all played and sung by him - a wonderful, sparkling record:

McCartney also did a one man during the same time period, but it didn't touch this one by Rodgren. Something/Anything sounds tight, but it keeps an organic feel at the same time.

Here's another one that I like:

Jun 21, 2011, 17:59

xperceptor
xperceptor
337 posts

Rundgren, not Rodgren

Jun 21, 2011, 18:00

xperceptor
xperceptor
337 posts

Labhead wrote:

crossbows on the legs for the critics

Jun 21, 2011, 18:02

microbehunter
microbehunter
626 posts

The living legend that is John Shuttleworth

Jun 21, 2011, 18:09

xperceptor
xperceptor
337 posts

meanchico wrote:
give "Person Pitch" a shot. it's stunning. his latest is good, but I haven't really gotten into any of the tracks except "Slow Motion."

thanks.

I don't care for the title of this one, but the music gets good starting at around 1:40. Weird, but good.

Jun 21, 2011, 18:13

Pages: 5 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index