Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
one man bands
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

Re: one man bands

definitely the stand-out track. love that transition!!

Jun 21, 2011, 18:39

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

For my money, Luke Francis Vibert.

Jun 21, 2011, 19:00

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I like that. I might buy that.

Jun 21, 2011, 21:09

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I liked that first track better. That one was mediocre but not terrible. I like the video but some of the parts of the song were really heavy marketing sound, terminal trends. What i mean is it doesn't have that prescient sound I'm so desperately looking for. That's worth a listen though.

Jun 21, 2011, 21:17

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

and I really enjoyed that women's costume in the video even though it looked painful and unlucky. heh heh heh

Jun 21, 2011, 21:18

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

We are in agreement. I think I'll sing him at karaoke tonight. That should be a cacophony rendering. I'll try my best.

Jun 21, 2011, 21:23

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Labhead wrote:

lovely. I've envisioned myself looking like this on several occasions. I'm really proud of this guy. What's the album called? What's the release date?

Jun 21, 2011, 21:26

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

s_lush_s wrote:
I like that. I might buy that.

oh, that was in response to Panda Bear but I have a huge shopping list for music this year and a minuscule budget. My music funds have been non- existent over the past year. I still have other stuff to buy.

Jun 21, 2011, 21:29

Icepulse
Icepulse
166 posts

I'm gonna go with Rundgren, too. However, "Something / Anything" isn't strictly "one-man"; several tracks have other artists performing. This album, however:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbdaBqeKeQE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

"Healing", is 100% Toddsy.

A masterpiece.

Jun 21, 2011, 22:18

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

s_lush_s wrote:

lovely. I've envisioned myself looking like this on several occasions. I'm really proud of this guy. What's the album called? What's the release date?

Sorry, he was killed by the Turks before he could release an album, but you can see his great grandson playing his version in Mary Poppins. ;)

Jun 21, 2011, 23:23

Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index