Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
one man bands
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2697 posts

Re: one man bands

Shuggie Otis!

Jun 21, 2011, 23:46

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

xperceptor
xperceptor
337 posts

Kazak wrote:
For my money, Luke Francis Vibert.

This is the good stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv7RQsBqyiA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Jun 22, 2011, 02:03

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5939 posts

mirtchevman wrote:
[quote="xperceptor"] You got a one man band you like?

i used to really dig mice parade when he was a one man band... his creative peak was the album 'ramda'.

http://grooveshark.com/s/Ramda+Flies+With+Magic+Eyes/1s6Oli?src=5

then he became a more-than-one-man-band and his output got drastically less interesting -- go figure...

My favorite, and maybe one of my all time favorite albums is Bem Vinda Vontade. I saw them around that time, great great show! Not as thrilled with more recent output, but I have to try to give it a bit more listening time. I haven't listened to Ramda much, I'll try that one again too. We have different taste you and I though generally. :)

Jun 22, 2011, 04:22

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5939 posts

Our own Panabrite!

Not to mention our own Rich Bennett! I'll supply links momentarily.

Jun 22, 2011, 04:26

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5939 posts

Archigram aka Panabrite.

Jun 22, 2011, 04:34

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5939 posts

calapia aka Rich Bennett

Jun 22, 2011, 04:42

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

Four Tet
Prefuse 73

Jun 22, 2011, 05:29

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

And both have collaborated with Trish

Jun 22, 2011, 05:33

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

BVDUB, excellent electronic ambient artist and as far as I know it's just him making the sounds.
If you like ambient then he is well worth seeking out, "Tribes at the Temple of Silence" and also "The Art of Dying Alone" are two beautiful works by BVDUB.

Apparently The Fall are a one man band, according to Mark E Smith.

Jun 22, 2011, 05:40

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
calapia aka Rich Bennett

Jun 22, 2011, 10:44

Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index