Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
radiohead testing the water
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

xperceptor
xperceptor
337 posts

radiohead testing the water

sticking in a toe, giggling the lock...Radiohead has taken a tentative step into censored Chinese cyberspace even though the British rock band has been critical of China's human rights record.

Radiohead recently launched a page on the "weibo" site of leading Chinese Internet portal Sina.com. "Weibo," which translates as "microblog," is the Chinese-equivalent of Twitter.

But the band has only posted a single message on Friday. It says "testing the weibo."

The Chinese government screens Internet content for material it deems politically sensitive. Microblogs are required to delete questionable posts.

Radiohead has performed at Free Tibet concerts and called for the release of Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo.

The band's U.S.-based publicist didn't comment immediately.

how cool would that be---to infiltrate enemy lines---wedge in some free speech ---?

Jul 03, 2011, 04:10

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Re: radiohead testing the water

This is the sort of middle class twattery that Radiohead get away with, purely because their music is so damn good.

Jul 03, 2011, 12:39

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

So true, Gary.

Jul 05, 2011, 00:52

pulce7-shoe
65 posts

i think radiohead are boring.

Jul 05, 2011, 01:50

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

pulce7-shoe wrote:

that comment lacks excitement.

Jul 05, 2011, 03:08

pulce7-shoe
65 posts

whats the point in bothering the chinese, when u dont know whats really happening in china.

what i said was a bit complex, tho.

i dunno what i think.

Jul 05, 2011, 03:29

xperceptor
xperceptor
337 posts

Mars Rover wrote:
pulce7-shoe wrote:

that comment lacks excitement.

A Facebook type blog site is the perfect place to offer some ambient thoughts from free thinking individuals. It is reverse propaganda. I believe the Chineese population out numbers all nations. Shit, man - what a perfect place to generate free thinking and expression. Genius!

Jul 05, 2011, 04:41

pulce7-shoe
65 posts

its the way with less developed nations, i guess.
i rec we should get rid of money!
Joke.
tho i'm no politician.

Jul 05, 2011, 07:06