Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
iPod classic on shuffle
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

matthew6
matthew6
1891 posts

Re: iPod classic on shuffle

One time I got both Tone Bursts in a row.

Nov 04, 2013, 14:04

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

hito wrote:
How does genius work?

How indeed. You select a track. Genius then devises a playlist of similar tracks. I think (guess) it must base it on genre.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/features/how-clever-is-apples-genius-938292.html

Nov 04, 2013, 21:04

The Greatest
The Greatest
309 posts

The State I Am In -- Belle and Sebastian
Mr. Richard -- Belle and Sebastian
Calm Before the Storm -- The Bats
The Walk (Live, from "Show") -- The Cure
From a Jack to a King -- Elvis Presley
Judy and the Dream of Horses -- Belle and Sebastian
Do Animals Believe in God -- Pink Military
In Another Land -- The Rolling Stones
Mr. Jones -- Talking Heads
I Don't Owe You Anything -- The Smiths (Troy Tate sessions)
Drug Store Truck Drivin' Man -- Joan Baez (Woodstock)
He Can Only Hold Her -- Amy Winehouse
Follow Me Down -- Swallow
Paralysed -- Ride
Sure Shot -- Polvo
Iceblink Luck -- Cocteau Twins
Early American -- Sonic Youth (Live in Holland)
This is A Rebel Song -- Sinead O'Connor (She Who Dwells...)
Idumaea (vocals Bonny Prince Billy) -- Current 93
What'd I Say -- Elvis Presley
Emergency Exit -- Beck
1848 -- Tiny Creatures
Audrey -- David Lynch & Angelo Badalamenti
Radiophonic 1 -- Robert Fripp
The Myth of Trust -- Billy Bragg
Free -- Mazzy Star
The Grave on the Green Hillside -- The Carter Family
Blasto -- The Legendary Pink Dots
Insensatez -- Antonio Carlos Jobim
Shine -- The Primitives

Nov 07, 2013, 03:14

mikka000
1083 posts

i never do random too 'cos i have a lot of Croatian folk music that i like to listen to separately when i'm in the mood for it, not between an unwound track and a fleetwood mac track. weird!

Nov 07, 2013, 23:38

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

mikka000 wrote:
i never do random too 'cos i have a lot of Croatian folk music that i like to listen to separately when i'm in the mood for it, not between an unwound track and a fleetwood mac track. weird!

I've been going Unwound crazy recently. Did you buy the Kid Is Gone 3LP box? It's ACE!

Nov 07, 2013, 23:57

hito
hito
1745 posts

I have genius on my ipod classic (but not switched on) and I don't use itunes to transfer files. Still, this seems the most likely explanation for the sequencing and similarity of tracks. I assume the system is inbuilt as my ipod is not online at all. Cheers.

Nov 08, 2013, 12:03

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

I only use iTunes on my computer. They have a thing that randomises your playlist by clicking the blue pointy arrow things. Somehow I don't use it as much as the old iTunes DJ. I still haven't really got used to iTunes since they updated it about a year ago - in theory it has more features and is more customisable, in practice not so user-friendly (at least not to me). #sighs#

Nov 08, 2013, 14:26

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Itunes suddenly stopped working for me a few weeks ago, I have no idea what happened. I tried doing a system restore, I uninstalled / reinstalled both itunes and quicktime, but nothing worked. Weird. So I have just installed a different player called "Music Bee"....I like it! It has this cool feature which makes it dead easy to add tags / artwork to files straight from the net. Looks nicer too I think (interface is customizable). For anyone seeking for an itunes alternative, it's well worth a look: http://getmusicbee.com/

Nov 08, 2013, 14:32

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Hobobachang wrote:
Itunes suddenly stopped working for me a few weeks ago, I have no idea what happened. I tried doing a system restore, I uninstalled / reinstalled both itunes and quicktime, but nothing worked. Weird. So I have just installed a different player called "Music Bee"....I like it! It has this cool feature which makes it dead easy to add tags / artwork to files straight from the net. Looks nicer too I think (interface is customizable). For anyone seeking for an itunes alternative, it's well worth a look: http://getmusicbee.com/

Just had a look at that and it looks good, but only works on PC and I have a Mac. There are probably other players out there, but I should probably make the effort to use all the features on iTunes - weird that it will not work on your machine.

Nov 08, 2013, 14:50

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

I have an old itunes on my pc. It wants me to update, but some bug never lets it complete, so I just refuse the update now.

I never use it anyhow except to buy stuff. I use media player to listen to whole albums. Rarely shuffle, even on my mp3 player.

Nov 08, 2013, 19:24

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index