Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
who does creative stuff?
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Re: who does creative stuff?

hi

Dec 23, 2008, 18:25

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

alex ape
alex ape
24 posts

i draw, more for amusement than anything, my large zombie drawing remains unfinished however. i also dabble in music.

i'm getting a lovely 70's drum machine for xmas so maybe this'll spur me on to record some new bits and bobs!

Dec 23, 2008, 18:37

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
634 posts

Musician. Read more here: http://www.stereolab.co.uk/forum/stereolab/topic/73/

I wish I was able to draw pictures. Unfortunately I've always been a mediocre-at-best, lousy-at-worst drawer/painter. I do occasionally shoot some nature photos with my parents' photocamera, some of them have turned out to be quite artistic actually. Photography might become a nice hobby for me.

Dec 23, 2008, 22:27

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
634 posts

Here's one photo that I think turned out quite nice.

Photobucket
Taken in Northern Latvia on October.

Dec 23, 2008, 22:34

calapia
calapia
252 posts

North Latvian Autumn...sounds so exotic to a Yankee like me!

Dec 24, 2008, 06:28

augustus
augustus
54 posts

I write (non-fiction)

Iused to write fiction and poetry and paint and draw but a busy life took over.

I play with a guitar.

I try to make things happen - small businesses and environmental projects mostly.

Dec 24, 2008, 13:36

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

DevastatorJr. wrote:
What kind of comics do you guys do?

well, for a little while i was doing comic strips, trying to get myself syndicated in the newspapers. then i quit that and started making mini-comics all of which had different themes. i contributed to a couple of zines and comic anthologies. then a couple years ago i got hit w/ an idea that i've slowly been chipping away at. i'm not sure if it's my magnum opus but it's a pretty ambitious project -- i suppose you could say it's got the potential to be'graphic novel'... we'll see what comes of it!

what about you?

Dec 24, 2008, 16:17

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

it feels good to have my artistic ambitions realized. my father is a semi pro musician and studio artisan and he taught me for art to be a success it must be an avid avocation. he has rehearsed every day for over 50 years and learned to play jazz guitar 15 yrs ago.
truth is I could make a living as a choreographer but why do one thing when you can do two or three or four.
WINNERS!!!!!!!!! WE ARE

Dec 24, 2008, 16:24

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

Ah well, when I was younger I wanted to draw for Marvel or DC or something, but in recent years my drawings become more cartoony and I guess more eccentric. I do mostly science fiction and fantasy type stories. I've been working on an adaptation of a Kurt Vonnegut book lately, just for fun.

I was doing these caricatures of different musicians also lately -- M.I.A., Beck, The Fiery Furnaces, and of course The Groop. I'll post them when I get a chance.

Dec 24, 2008, 17:04

techhpro
techhpro
3 posts

Mu Mu wrote:
I compose highly experimental music, on occasion.

My techno creations are too. Many of my songs have a 70's or 80's twist. Unlike anything else. All artists think thier stuff is great and I'm no exception.

Dec 28, 2008, 21:57

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index