Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
NYC setlist: 10-02
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

dracbest
31 posts

Re: NYC setlist: 10-02

Thanks nyctaper

Oct 05, 2008, 17:46

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

EnosEmurf
EnosEmurf
22 posts

How exactly do you download the files? Every time I click on the link I just get taken to a link protector page.

Oct 05, 2008, 18:00

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Me too!

Can somebody upload to Rapid Share (or similar)?

Please! :]

Oct 05, 2008, 20:19

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
634 posts

Been listening to this one.

What's great:
-Back vocals of the new keyboard guy. Really blends in well with Laetitia.
-Stereolab can still jam, as evidenced by some of the longer workouts, esp. "Jenny Ondioline". "Emergency Kisses" is also a nice version.
-"Silver Sands" has an awesome unreleased intro. Too bad that it was canned from the studio version.
-Unlike many, I think the version of CC sounds fine. The last part gets a bit heavier, with more rockish drumming, thus allowing for a rise in dynamics not heard on the studio version. A plus.

What's interesting:
-They recreate the vibraphone parts with a very realistic sound: is Stereolab using MIDI synthesis in live settings now?
-New tune called "Bump" is quite nice, not a highlight, but a fine tune.
-Laetitia announces that "Exstatic Static" is about prostitution. Haven't read the lyrics yet, but is she pro or con regarding the legalization thereof?

What's a bit lacking:
-I don't think that synth sound used for recreating some of the string/horn parts is that good. It's certainly not crap, but kinda shrill. Sounds like Clavioline crossed with some late seventies analog synth. Too bad they canned the horns in live settings.
-If there's a CC tune that isn't as nicely pulled off, it's probably "Electric Brain". It seems as if it's so heavily dependent on the arrangements that it sounds a bit empty without some of the string parts.
-I would have preferred a bit more obscure material. Not a fan of "Bubblegum", "Disko" or "Reverie", typical crowd pleasers.

Overall, a nice show. Well recorded. You'll like it.

Oct 05, 2008, 20:44

AZRay17
AZRay17
21 posts

-They recreate the vibraphone parts with a very realistic sound: is Stereolab using MIDI synthesis in live settings now?

Joe Watson plays some sort of electric xylophone where he is using the xylophone sticks.

Oct 05, 2008, 21:00

EnosEmurf
EnosEmurf
22 posts

The xylophone sounds were done on a MalletKat.

Oct 05, 2008, 21:57

nyctaper
4 posts

Stereo Mouse wrote:
Thanks!

Took me 4 hours to d/l it. Listening now. Recording sounds well. Very crisp SBD feed.

Its not a soundboard feed, but your misperception is a compliment about the sound quality!

Oct 05, 2008, 23:02

mojique
6 posts

Fantastic recording. Thanks a bunch for putting it out there.

Oct 06, 2008, 00:33

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
634 posts

nyctaper wrote:
Stereo Mouse wrote:
Thanks!

Took me 4 hours to d/l it. Listening now. Recording sounds well. Very crisp SBD feed.

Its not a soundboard feed, but your misperception is a compliment about the sound quality!

Ah, makes me wonder what recording equipment you use.

Oct 06, 2008, 12:27

nyctaper
4 posts

Stereo Mouse wrote:
nyctaper wrote:
Stereo Mouse wrote:
Thanks!

Ah, makes me wonder what recording equipment you use.

Its listed in complete detail.

Oct 06, 2008, 12:45

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index