Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Your first music of the day.
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

modfinger
modfinger
136 posts

Your first music of the day.

My daughter likes to hear something that kicks ass first thing in the morning, but I need it to be uplifting yet a smooth transition from a state of comatose to state of awareness or alertness. (Vice versa end of day.) Dots and Loops or ...the Anti-sun? Something from Beck perhaps?

Dec 23, 2008, 21:46

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Re: Your first music of the day.

I'm kinda with your daughter. I like to listen to the radio first thing with my coffee, then driving into work I like to blast some great tunes. This past week has been Stomach Worm and John Cage Bubblegum. Also Enivrez-Vous has been aired a lot this week (surely the snarliest vocal ever!).

Dec 23, 2008, 21:55

suggestive_devil
suggestive_devil
106 posts

I need something sunny, specially at that time, tout gris.

Margerine is always great for this! CC also.
(really often in my car, on the road to work, singin' the backing-backing sorta vocals, generously...)

...I do listen to some Colleen as well... (the golden morning breaks, "bubbles which on the water swim" etc...)

Then, "it's all around you", "the lithium stiffs" and "crest" (the first three tracks from TRTS's IAAY)
(Seneca is a good 'starter' aussi!)

The last Electrelane...
The last Fran?oiz Breut too...

Every single track from Boards of Canada is sunny/yellow-sound enough, in the morning/evening.

There are definitely some others, but those are my classics.

Dec 23, 2008, 22:03

modfinger
modfinger
136 posts

Is this what you are referring to?

http://www.last.fm/user/enivrez-vous

Dec 23, 2008, 22:05

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

My first music of the day is normally driving as well, although only a short distance to the train station. For some reason I have had the same CD stuck in the player for the past two or three months, The Go-Between's "Before Hollywood" and "Liberty Belle and the Black Diamond Express" both on one disc. Good driving music for all seasons I find!

I miss the stereo from my old car, it could play MP3 discs holding about 100 songs. This thread has reminded me I need to burn some more discs for the car.....

8 )

Dec 23, 2008, 22:09

modfinger
modfinger
136 posts

That's cool. I've listened to some Electrelane. Only One thing is Needed, Film Music and Tram 21 are three of my favs.

Dec 23, 2008, 22:13

modfinger
modfinger
136 posts

Train station. You are environmentally friendly.

My car 6-cd changer keeps DL,OFTAS,ME,SD and CC for months with a special quest spot at disc #1. (A certain little stinker I know keeps secretly sticking surprize CDs in that spot like Delores O'Riordan which hurts my ears!)

Dec 23, 2008, 22:28

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

modfinger wrote:
Train station. You are environmentally friendly.

Not really, I just hate getting the bus into town - it takes twice as long and is very unreliable - but I don't live near the trains, so I actually run a car almost exclusively to get to the station and back!

8 )

Dec 23, 2008, 22:39

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Plus parking in town costs an absolute fortune, "park & ride" locally as they call it is the way to go!

8 )

Dec 23, 2008, 22:41

whisperscream
whisperscream
174 posts

stinker!! we got to keep you on your toes mr.konk out on the couch.

Dec 23, 2008, 22:46

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index