Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Blame it on the sausages
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Re: Blame it on the sausages

Someone hasn't researched the environmental impact of the meat industry evidently (and I'm no veggie either!)...

Jul 29, 2011, 17:38

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Error in the sense that it's completely wrong to promote vegetarianism as a healthy diet, it is extremely unhealthy for a human being to not eat meat and saturated fats, contrary to the huge media drive to brainwash you in to thinking saturated fat is bad for you, it is actually one of the healthiest foods you can consume.
And yes I have extensively researched this subject for over 8 years now and looked in to the science behind it, I was a vegetarian for 5 years so I've been in both camps.
Basically if you want to live longer and feel healthier then eat plenty of good quality meats and eggs with no fear of real butter, cheeses and dairy cream, add to this 2 or 3 helpings of fresh vegetables and salads each day and you will feel great and your health will improve.
Avoid sugar, honey, fructose and all high carbohydrate sweeteners and syrups, also avoid all grains and cereals and the breads made from them, don't eat too much fruit either, if you must eat fruit then eat blueberries and strawberries as these are better for you.
O.K. I'm ready for the veggie militia to shoot me down now, kind regards Joe.

Jul 29, 2011, 20:44

wracket
wracket
1427 posts

lereostab wrote:
the science behind it

Science is anything but consensual on this, no matter what Atkins or the Miami Sound Machine diet people bark at you.

Jul 29, 2011, 20:51

wracket
wracket
1427 posts

OK, so I just read out your post to Mrs. Wracket (who is an expert on all things nutrition-related and obsessed with the culinary arts) and she is rather convinced that you've just made up your own rules (vaguely based, as I suggested, on an Atkins-like diet). Why aren't you putting out a book, Joe? I mean, what with all the science you've got behind it, surely you'd revolutionize the dieting industry!

Hey, what do you know, I've just run a few experiments while writing that last paragraph and come up with some science of my own: if you want to live longer and feel healthier, don't eat anything which has too much salt, Omega-3, non-hooved animal flesh or pineapple in it...and always be sure to wash down all meals with pure vanilla extract, while avoiding beet root and all beet root-colored food items after 9 in the evening. I don't get it either, but you can't argue with science!

Jul 29, 2011, 21:06

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

My research on myself concluded that Atkins and the other low carb writers are correct, I had blood tests before going low carb and then again some time after and the improvements were amazing all round, I also lost 3 stone, easily.
I'm not saying that you are doing this, but most people I hear talking against low carb eating are just going along with the general media information and haven't actually tried it for themselves, vegetarians of course can't comment on low carb eating because they haven't or don't practice it, I rarely hear of someone doing it for real and forming there opinion in that way, blood tests are a great way of showing you that the media advice is just hype and dangerously wrong, kind regards Joe.

Jul 29, 2011, 21:09

wracket
wracket
1427 posts

Oh, so you did a study on a sample size of 1. OK...I see the truth in your scientific method now.

Be careful about claiming to know universal truths just because something worked for you. Different people have different metabolisms, different stress patterns (at different times in their respective lives), different hormonal levels, etc. What's good for the goose may not, in fact, be good for the gander.

Jul 29, 2011, 21:45

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

It makes no difference to the carbohydrates, they will always turn to sugar regardless of your metabolism, stress levels etc.
I am talking about a basic principle for all humans, that we should all eat low carb to varying degrees, for some it could be as high as 100 grams a day, for others it's 20 grams a day which of course relates to differing metabolisms.
It's the principle that people don't understand and so you have people munching there way through obscene amounts of carbs thinking it's giving them nutrients when it's not, all carbohydrates turn to sugar and cause the body to produce excess insulin which as I'm sure you and Mrs Wracket know, causes many serious health problems (diabetes, cancer, heart disease)excess insulin not cholesterol is what is causing the many health epidemics in the west,kind regards and happy eating, Joe.

Jul 29, 2011, 23:04

wracket
wracket
1427 posts

I would debate you were it not for your flawless scientific method, Joe. Faced with your exhaustive and tireless anecdotal research, what choice do I have but to concede?

Jul 30, 2011, 07:34

GaryB2
GaryB2
2328 posts

wracket wrote:
lereostab wrote:
the science behind it

Science is anything but consensual on this, no matter what Atkins or the Miami Sound Machine diet people bark at you.

Question for ya:

Does Mrs Wracket believe that people gain weight by consuming more calories than they expend?

Im very interested to hear her (and your) thoughts.

Jul 31, 2011, 22:16

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2779 posts

lereostab wrote:
...don't eat too much fruit either, if you must eat fruit then eat blueberries and strawberries..

Damn! No bananas! What's the error in bananas?

Jul 31, 2011, 22:26

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index