Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
thoughts on Cobra
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

Re: thoughts on Cobra

Stereo Mouse wrote:
Quite frankly, all music is boring...to someone's ears. You might be bored with Cobra and then find that someone else is bored with whatever are your favorite albums from 1999.

I don't know what that has to do with anything. You asked a question, and I gave an answer.

Aug 27, 2011, 03:27

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

matthew6
matthew6
1905 posts

Blue Milk is one of my favourites off this album. It could have been even longer as far as I am concerned.

Italian Space Shoes Continuum is magical. One of those rare songs that can bring you to a different realm.

Fuses is a bit jarring and a bit out of place.

This is a night album. It is meant to be played at night. A hot summer night.

Aug 27, 2011, 04:04

flatironsteak
flatironsteak
343 posts

meanchico wrote:

Blips, Drips and Strips pisses off my friends. they get all eye-rolley whenever it comes on. I refuse to turn it off.

I think Fuses serves as a very honest warning for what you're about to encounter. no beating around the bush with this one. smoking kills and Cobra overwhelms.

Le Aimes Des Memes is a really awesome b-side. I'm surprised it's not mentioned more here.

Why would you friends be pissed off at BDS?
The soundscape is very dramatic and the harmony of the instrument is right on target.

Fuses, even though I don't listen to it the way like I used to ( play it 50+ a day, still remains as one of my favorite of the Lab. It is a tune that way beyond its time, and still sound very very modern to me.

Le Aimes Des Memes is indeed, a great one. I always feel like going into hazy maze when I listen to it.

Aug 27, 2011, 04:52

flatironsteak
flatironsteak
343 posts

I don't think he asked a question in what you quote from.

Aug 27, 2011, 05:00

flatironsteak
flatironsteak
343 posts

Just because it has a question mark on it doesn't make it one.

Aug 27, 2011, 05:02

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

flatironsteak wrote:

Oddly enough, having a question mark does indeed make it a question. Funny how punctuation works sometimes...

And yes, the part I quoted was a question.

Aug 27, 2011, 06:02

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
635 posts

Hmmm, it was more of a suggestion I would think. No? ;-)

Aug 27, 2011, 08:45

musicforeels
musicforeels
520 posts

Stereo Mouse wrote:
Quite frankly, all music is boring...to someone's ears. You might be bored with Cobra and then find that someone else is bored with whatever are your favorite albums from 1999.

Can't think of many records from 1999 that were that hot. The Fall's Marshall Suite springs to mind, although I reckon some of the dancier stuff from that probably sounds a bit dated now (not listened to it in ages, so I don't honestly know).

Avant Hard by Add N to (X) was great too. I loved Add N to (X).

What else came out in 1999? I forget.

Aug 27, 2011, 10:12

GaryB2
GaryB2
2328 posts

Cheeso wrote:
flatironsteak wrote:

Oddly enough, having a question mark does indeed make it a question. Funny how punctuation works sometimes...

And yes, the part I quoted was a question.

Do rhetorical questions still get question-marks? Is there a method to punctuate rhetorically?

Wracket??!!

Aug 27, 2011, 10:17

GaryB2
GaryB2
2328 posts

musicforeels wrote:
Stereo Mouse wrote:

Can't think of many records from 1999 that were that hot. The Fall's Marshall Suite springs to mind, although I reckon some of the dancier stuff from that probably sounds a bit dated now (not listened to it in ages, so I don't honestly know).

Avant Hard by Add N to (X) was great too. I loved Add N to (X).

What else came out in 1999? I forget.

I'm away to check 1999 out.

Aug 27, 2011, 10:18

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index