Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
thoughts on Cobra
77 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Babylon01
Babylon01
183 posts

Re: thoughts on Cobra

I seem to remember the NME, UK music paper, giving it a whopping 0 out of 10 on its release, with accusations revolving around the 'pretentious jazz wank' theme. This irritated me a lot, but the review said more about the NME than the album.

It's stunning - 'Kaleidoscopic Gaze' and 'bLUE mILK' are an interesting pair -the first works brilliantly, the second doesn't do much for me. I love Kaleidoscopic Gaze for its range of emotional resonance and always skip Blue Milk as it seems one of the few instances that the groop oversteps into self-indulgence.

Come and Play... is just gorgeously fragile and dramatic, I believe that it was, melodically, the summit of their achievements and although the albums afterwards contain some beautiful tunes, none were ever executed quite as perfectly as that track.

Aug 27, 2011, 20:16

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: