Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
thoughts on Cobra
77 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: thoughts on Cobra

As for me...

I find any talk of removing Blue Milk from this album bizarre. If you don't like albums, well you might omit all sorts of things.

But if you like albums, this is an album. Like Dark Side of the Moon or Sgt Peppers, it is an album. I listened to this album when it was released. It was made to be listened to as a whole. I had many occasions where I sat around with friends and listened to the whole album. It sounds brown and like night time. It takes the listener on a journey.

Anyway, Blue Milk is an awesome song. Probably top ten for Stereolab. I have put it on mixed tapes. But it works best on the album. And this album is amazing. Thanks to so many contributors (cyberpainter, meanchico, deadlyfingers) for nailing it with their brilliant descriptions and engaging posts.

You know, I had been thinking that MAQ has been my favourite lately (Anamorphose is top ten for me too) but cuddling up to Cobra on the headphones has reminded me why exactly it has generally been my favourite since its release way back when.

Aug 30, 2011, 12:20

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: