Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
thoughts on Cobra
77 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Re: thoughts on Cobra

I have written my in-depth thoughts about Cobra in another excellent thread about what I consider to be one of the Groop's best works. I will see if I can find it and post a link. In the meantime, I must say that I think this is also one of the best discussions in the pink for a long time - a real breath of fresh air - albeit brown fresh air ;o)

Now the point of this post is to thank everyone for inspiring me to give it a damn good listen again. The problem is that like Stereomouse, my Cobra CD has sadly seen better days - in fact it's completely knackered. I will purchase Cobra again from the Apple winkel tonight and recycle the CD in some original and interesting way (perhaps Cheeso may have some interesting suggestions here ;o).

I have the opportunity to listen to it tomorrow in the fantastic surroundings of the Royal Palace - I will immerse myself in Blue Milk and refresh my thoughts on Cobra and report back here in a day or two. I hope this time I don't find Blue Milk a 'jazz wank' as someone mentioned above most eruditely described it - I don't think that sort of thing is tolerated in the Royal Gardens these days.

After a deep trawl I have found my previous post about it, and as a personal description of the what it means to me it is still accurate but I will see if I can add anything new to the discussion:

http://www.stereolab.co.uk/forum/stereolab/topic/3159/threaded/35493/

Sep 15, 2011, 22:15

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: