Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
9-11 Retrospection
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vivakomeda
744 posts

Re: 9-11 Retrospection

No you didn't, you just aren't smart enough to see what lereostab sees.

Puh-leeze

Sep 08, 2011, 02:01

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vivakomeda
744 posts

It is interesting how far people's hatred of the US goes.

Let me ask you this Joe: if it was demonstrated to you that the accepted account is generally correct, i.e. Al Qaeda-funded terrorists brought down the buildings without any complicit knowledge beforehand by US authorities or anyone else, how would you feel about your suggestion that US government authorities would be willing to massacre thousands of their own people? Would you feel embarassed, or would you merely shrug and say "oh well, still hate the USA, on to the next issue"?

Sep 08, 2011, 02:05

hito
hito
1745 posts

vivakomeda wrote:
It is interesting how far people's hatred of the US goes.
hate the USA, on to the next issue"?

Why do people leap to a view that people who criticise their favoured object, country, band, person etc "hate" them? It seems like an easy way to demonise opponents by labelling them as "haters".
Whilst I can see the flaws in lereostab's views, see the strengths too, see the strengths and weaknesses of cp, kazak and vivakomeda et al, I don't see much hatred.
No need for hyperbole.

Sep 08, 2011, 02:18

vivakomeda
744 posts

Somebody suggesting that my government sponsored the flying of commercial planes into crowded buildings might inspire wrath. Sorry, I'm human

Sep 08, 2011, 03:13

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1218 posts

lereostab wrote:
That's an interesting angle, I wonder who managed to take that picture. How does this picture convince you?? if demolition charges had gone off slightly out of sync wouldn't that be how a building would come down? especially as a plane had been flown in to it.
Maybe I'm missing the point, please explain how it convinced you?

An airplane crashed into the 110-story building "between the 77th and 85th floors" (1), leaving a gaping, burning hole (2). Let's do a little mental exercise to visualize what happened once the first structural members started to buckle:

Imagine what would happen if you lifted up a 25-story steel structure and dropped it onto another building. Now imagine that while you're doing all of this, gravity continues to do what it always does and pulls shit straight downwards. If your mental image at this point has any resemblance to those hours and hours of television footage that you saw ten years ago, then congratulations! You are not necessarily a retard.

(1) Source: Wikipedia

(2) If you have any trouble picturing what an enormous #*@%ing hole this must have been, just imagine a Boeing 767 flying into... anything.

Sep 08, 2011, 04:08

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1218 posts

deadlyfingers wrote:

...congratulations! You are not necessarily a retard.

Apologies for that. I realize there are folks here who work with the mentally handicapped. Once in a while I really wish I could edit some of these posts I've spewed.

Sep 08, 2011, 04:32

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

vivakomeda wrote:
Somebody suggesting that my government sponsored the flying of commercial planes into crowded buildings might inspire wrath. Sorry, I'm human

What, is this the first time you've heard of the CIA conspiracy?

Don't shoot the messenger, man!

Btw, I don't know anybody in Britain that believes it.

Sep 08, 2011, 05:37

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

deadlyfingers wrote:
deadlyfingers wrote:

...congratulations! You are not necessarily a retard.

Apologies for that. I realize there are folks here who work with the mentally handicapped. Once in a while I really wish I could edit some of these posts I've spewed.

This is a very tough issue for you guys. Very emotive. I'm guessing that's why CP didn't give you in trouble for saying "retard".

Sep 08, 2011, 05:42

vivakomeda
744 posts

No, but it's particularly sad to think there might be some overlap between fandom of decent music and those sorts of demented beliefs. Makes me feel like I've spent a long time running with the wrong crowd.

Sep 08, 2011, 06:10

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

vivakomeda wrote:
No, but it's particularly sad to think there might be some overlap between fandom of decent music and those sorts of demented beliefs. Makes me feel like I've spent a long time running with the wrong crowd.

We've always been a pretty diverse group on here anyway...

Sep 08, 2011, 06:27

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index